Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

5th Annual Tiki Beach Festival - Long Beach, CA

Pages: 1 35 replies

TM

I know it's a bit early, but 3 weeks comes up pretty quick. The Tiki Beach Fest will be held Aug. 20 & 21. Last year was a blast! I'll be vending again and hope to see everyone.

More info here: http://www.alfredosbeachclub.com/tiki_festival.htm

Everything Tiki at: http://www.bartiki.com

Visit http://www.tiki-mug.com for The Art of Polynesian Pop

[ Edited by: Tiki Matt 2005-07-31 18:47 ]

YES! I hear Bamboozled Tiki Lights will be vending too!

WooHooo! Sounds like another fun Tiki Weekend!!!

Hey Matt it,ll be another K@@L weekend see every one there .Time to ice the Coronas, Later

T

The Smokin' Menehunes will be playing at 2:30.

On 2005-08-08 13:46, Tiki_Bong wrote:

Sunday, right?!?

BTW--I will be there on Sunday (I work Saturday, so sadly, I will miss the luau...)

D

I'm definately there

I will be attending, but who are the vendors and what is the new, must buy now, limited edition whatever, gonna bring this out of the closet stuff that has not been offered at other venues. New Tiki Bar pix? New Mug Pix? New Tiki pix. Please, I want to leave massive amounts of cash for you vendors and want to know how much I must bring, and for what. Advertise here.

Will see you there Bong!

TBird.

On 2005-08-08 13:52, Dolphin Tiki wrote:

Sunday, right?!?

BTW--I will be there on Sunday (I work Saturday, so sadly, I will miss the luau...)

Yeah, Sunday. Crazy Al and Squid should be in our line up that day.

H

I am confused which day are we all going? Saturday or Sunday????Krustiki,please put this in perspective.???help...

On 2005-08-10 21:29, hiltiki wrote:
I am confused which day are we all going? Saturday or Sunday????Krustiki,please put this in perspective.???help...

Everyone who wants to attend the Luau should go on Saturday (I can't make it--I gotta work and I have a previous engagement that evening). The Luau is at 6pm.

I, along with anyone who wishes to see the Smokin' Menehunes play (everyone, basically), should go on Sunday. The Menehunes are on at 2:30pm.

Everyone who wants to have an entire tiki-filled beach weekend should go both days!

Dolphin Tiki

P.S. Hope to see everyone there on Sunday!!! :)

K

Must get there early, Saturday to get the one of a kind, thingamawhat, or I will be living in eternal piranha tank forever being eaten to the bones in small little bites.
Must be there Sunday for the Smokin' something or another.
Too much information, circuits overloading, what's that funny smell, Oh it's me. Sorry Dave, I cannot do that.

On 2005-08-11 07:24, Krustiki wrote:
Must get there early, Saturday to get the one of a kind, thingamawhat, or I will be living in eternal piranha tank forever being eaten to the bones in small little bites.
Must be there Sunday for the Smokin' something or another.
Too much information, circuits overloading, what's that funny smell, Oh it's me. Sorry Dave, I cannot do that.

It's OK folks, I'm married to this guy I still don't know what he's talking about!

Tiki beachfest is great venue to attend . Last year I sold a lot .Sorry that I cant vend and do live carving this year . I'm getting ready for my monthlong show at the LA county fair starting Sept 7th. I'll also be doing live carving there on Sundays (4 shows a day ).
Tiki-Ray

On 2005-08-10 10:27, Krustiki wrote:
I will be attending, but who are the vendors and what is the new, must buy now, limited edition whatever, gonna bring this out of the closet stuff that has not been offered at other venues. New Tiki Bar pix? New Mug Pix? New Tiki pix. Please, I want to leave massive amounts of cash for you vendors and want to know how much I must bring, and for what. Advertise here.

Nothing limited edition, but I will be bringing out some vintage and some Tiki Farm oddities / retired.

Will vending be on Saturday and Sunday or Sunday only?

Looking for overnight accommodations?

Elvis slept here when he was in Long Beach in the 70's

http://www.seaportmarinahotel.com

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=16146&forum=6&2

TM

On 2005-08-16 10:31, Atomicchick wrote:
Will vending be on Saturday and Sunday or Sunday only?

Vending will be both days, stop by and say hi...

H

Well which one is more exciting, since some of us work for a living and can't go both days. By exciting I mean more TC people around to mingle with???????????

Bummer.......I am out of town this weekend. All those who can attend should go, though. This is an event not to be missed. Last year was a blast! Have fun everyone.

On 2005-08-16 18:36, hiltiki wrote:
Well which one is more exciting, since some of us work for a living and can't go both days. By exciting I mean more TC people around to mingle with???????????

Hey, I have to work part of the weekend (Saturday), too! I'm right there with ya!!!

I hope this helps: It sounds to me like a few TCers will be there both days, but I think quite a few (including myself) definitely plan to be there on Sunday cuz that's when the Smokin' Menehunes are playing. I could be completely wrong, but I'm not getting the impression that a whole lot of TCers will be going on Saturday only.

However, if there are any people in particular you want to be sure to hook up with, I would suggest checking with those people individually or asking them to post which day they're going.

P.S. TikiTony--check your PM

For anyone who is going to be in the So Cal area this weekend.............Just a heads up

Also, the set up that was serving You drinks at the Shag wItH a TwIsT play, (void the tiki's) is avail @ 1/2 off for your pleasures.

Does anyone know what time the festivities start Saturday Morning???

The web site says that it is from sun up to sun down. I think The Whale Rider and I will be there on Saturday at around 10:00 or 11:00. Hope to see you all there!!!!
Later,
Spermy

CA

hey you locals!!! I'll be carving on TIKI #100!!!!!!

that's right!!! just 100 tikis in 108 months of carving palm wood!! 9 years this month!

Come see the world's laziest tiki carver working on this historic tiki.
And sign up for the Charity Auction that will raise founds for Stroke victims!!
info here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=16137&forum=4&9
Your highest bid will be the reserve for the Ebay auction soon to come!!
see you TOMORROW!

Alert!!!! WooHooWahine will be attending the TikiFest without SoccerTiki!!!! She may be a little shy, so give her a big "woohoo" when you see her lurking around the fest!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoccerTiki

Well, I just got back from the Tiki Beach Festival and I was a little disappointed. Not with the vendors that were there, that was all great. But the event was too small! I hoping there would be many more attending. According to Von Tiki the event was a lot bigger last year.

WooHoo! Two thumbs up to all the vendors that helped make The Tiki Beach Festival Tiki-rrific!!

We had a great time at the TB Fest the other day! And thanks for buying our crap! Can't wait for next year's!

H

Well, I went on Sunday and heard the Smokin' Menehunes they sounded great. But best of all I did buy myself a fabulous VonTiki original tiki. And it looks great sitting there all graceful by my tiki hut. :)

Bought a Von Tiki myself. Very cool.

V

I had a great time.The fire dancing and the whole show was very entertaining. The food was better this year.Not as many Kustom Kulture people as there was last year, but in any case, I'll do it again. It was great seeing everyone and meeting new tcrs too.Mahalo.

PICS ? anyone ?

TM

This was our booth on Sunday

So THAT'S where my wife went on sunday...and she didn't even bring me back a mug.

[ Edited by: tikitortured 2005-08-24 22:04 ]

Pages: 1 35 replies