Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Ooga-Mooga members -- how to handle Westwood mugs?

Pages: 1 2 replies

H

I'm sure that once upon a time there were at least product numbers for these guys (anyone know of a catalog?), but as far as I'm aware those identifiers are lost to time. There are many different Westwood designs, but they're not so different that they're a cakewalk to describe clearly. I'm game for trying, of course, but I thought I'd throw it out to you guys first to find out how actual Westwood collectors prefer to categorize them, so I can be sure to do it in a way that works well for you.

T

That's a tough one. I love Westwood, but I don't have a ton of it. Out of the mugs I do have, only one is marked with any kind of catalog number.

Hopefully, someone out there has more information on them and is willing to share.

In the mean time, I'd say size, color and pattern around the rim.

DZ

I've got 16 different Westwoods, and for the most part, they all have catalog numbers. However, the numbers only differentiate mug size, not design. The 'regular' mug (14 - 16 oz?, 4 different colors/designs) size are all marked 'R65-c1303'; the 'demitasse'-sized mugs (8 oz.?, 4 different colors/designs) are all marked 'R-65-C2919'; and the leeeetle 'shot'-sized (1 oz., 8 different colors/designs) are only marked 'Japan'. While I do group them by size, I don't think this really helps much as it's the different designs and colors that are more varied.

Pages: 1 2 replies