Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

From Trader Vic's- doubt it!

Pages: 1 8 replies

M

I saw this auction;
Link to eBay auction

waddya think?

Have a nice Tiki Day!
If you like it,it is ZAZZ! If you don't, give it a RAZZ.

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2005-08-01 10:21 ]

[ Edited by: Humuhumu - Fixed overly long link - 2005-08-01 10:59 ]

T

That's the worst thing I've ever seen.

M

On 2005-08-01 10:55, Tangaroa wrote:
That's the worst thing I've ever seen.

It is so bad, it gets the Lifetime Razz Award!!! Start bidding now, folks!

M

waddya think?

The seller's name "dream big enterprises" says it all.

Normally, I'd be all over this thing like a Marine on a chubby high school girl, but I'm really in the market for a big mural of Sammy Davis Jr. I gots a big Dick Nixon, need the little Sammy. Jonesing for the Sammy!

Dick and Sammy: we can all get along.

midnite, all about he love, baby. All about the love.

H

It's truly terrible, but I do think there's a small chance that what the seller says in the auction could be partly accurate. The auction states that they got it in an auction Trader Vic's held during the closing of some of their various locations. TV has had a warehouse in Emeryville where they had all sorts of stuff from the restaurants. I would hope that this thing was never on display at an actual Trader Vic's, but it wouldn't surprise me to learn that an amateur carver created this and gifted it to Trader Vic's hoping it would be put in a restaurant, only to have it sit in a warehouse until TV could unload it along with other unwanted items. Or -- and this is hard to swallow, I know -- it might be possible that it was on display at one of the Trader Vic's that are now closed. There were so many of them, and in the late 80s-early 90s, who knows how loosey-goosey the individual locations got with the decor?

But yeah, that tiki is crappy.

M

I've been in the warehouse and all the tikis there are of Trader Vics caliber--but you never know, maybe someone gave it to Vic as a birthday present and he (for good reason) never put it in a restaurant and just stored it. No matter what, it is an UGLY tiki! eek!

UB

Razziki!

K
Kono posted on Mon, Aug 1, 2005 5:06 PM

That thing looks Jamaican. Was there ever a TV in Kingston? :o

That barn he's got for sale cracks me up. For $800 and change you can have a (quite nice) 50'x 20' barn of your very own. Problem is, you have to take it apart and cart it away. Maybe if I had a bunch of Amish friends I could pull it off. It would make a nice place for all the TC carvers in SoCal to gather and carve away at their wood. $800? If I was him I'd just blow it up.

ummmm, at least he's a happy face tiki?

Pages: 1 8 replies