Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tiki Art

Pages: 1 20 replies

Here's a card I made...
What do you think?

Very cool! I like it a lot.

Very nice indeed.

Thanks guys!
Don't you wish you could be there, laying in that boat, sipping some sort of fruity rum drink....

TC

On 2005-08-01 18:26, Sideshow Stamps wrote:
Thanks guys!
Don't you wish you could be there, laying in that boat, sipping some sort of fruity rum drink....

That's the spirit!

H
hewey posted on Mon, Aug 1, 2005 6:32 PM

Cool art. I take it you stamped it, then colored in?

Yes Hewey,
I stamped it and colored it with markers and blender pen... (sort of a watercolor type technique for cheaters)
: )
I drew the stamps too.
Jennifer

[ Edited by: Sideshow Stamps 2005-08-01 19:03 ]

Here is a painting I did too.
I drew it, my husband Noah inked it, then I painted it with watercolor.
; )

H
hewey posted on Wed, Aug 3, 2005 3:40 AM

Very nice. Good team work too. Top stuff

Thanks!
:wink:

WoW! Love your stuff! Very Impressive!

C

Yeah nice team effort! I like pen and ink with the "wash" classic style!
Chongolio

Here is a tiki stemmed martini glass painting I did about a year ago. I drew it and then inked it, then painted it with watercolor. Around the martini I used a wet paper-watercolor drop technique to create the blotchy background.

I love the surrealistic value of combining a swanky bachelor pad object, like the tiki martini glass, with something beautiful and seductive like the mermaid.

Enjoy,
Jennifer
P.S. you can check out more of my art here:
http://sideshowstamps.com/NoahandJenniferArtGallery.html

[ Edited by: Sideshow Stamps 2005-08-29 13:55 ]

B

Excellent art Jennifer and I Really Love your signature, Very COOL!! It is still hard to believe that this art is created by a rubber stamp! Neat.. Maybe you could enlighten us on the steps involved to create your pieces.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks everyone for the compliments!
Actually I only created the top tiki card with stamps. My husband and I drew the images, and then we had them manufactured into rubber stamps for our company.
How I made the card is, I stamped the tiki, leopard print, wahine, tiki torch, and palm tree images onto my card with brown/blue ink, and then colored them in with blender pen and markers. For me stamping is a fun and quick way of creating art.

However...

On this post I also wanted to show some of my original paintings. So the tiki with the leaves around it and the mermaid in the martini are hand drawn, hand inked and hand painted with watercolor. I didn't use rubber stamps on those two paintings. I'm sorry if I wasn't very clear on that. : )

I posted a description of how stamps are made on another post in creating tiki called "tiki rubber stamps", if anyone is interested in how rubber stamps are made.
Thanks again for the compliments everyone!
Jennifer
P.S. My signature is a rubber stamp too. ; )

extremely cool art!

F
foamy posted on Tue, Aug 30, 2005 5:08 AM

Hey Sideshow, nice stuff. I like pen and ink and your art is work 'in.

Thanks everyone for all of the compliments!
; )
Foamy-
My husband Noah does some awesome pen and ink art with his friend Shawn. They have a space age tiki comic together called "Untamed Highway". You can see some of their art on the post under "creating tiki" titled "Creating Tiki: August theme - Hot Rod Tiki!" It's a super cool pen and ink drawing of Barney Ruble going nuts and speeding off with Wilma and Betty in his suped up Tiki Hot Rod. Funny stuff!
They have a website too:
untamedhighway.com
Jennifer

N
nuKKe posted on Tue, Aug 30, 2005 1:58 PM

very, very cool!

H
hewey posted on Tue, Aug 30, 2005 9:20 PM

On 2005-08-30 12:55, Sideshow Stamps wrote:
My husband Noah does some awesome pen and ink art with his friend Shawn. They have a space age tiki comic together called "Untamed Highway".

Ah, so your with them? Your all so talented! I love the untamed highway stuff.

Thanks Hewey!
I really like your art too! I was checking out some of your pastel work a while back. It's really getting good! I especially liked all the pieces on the dark paper.
Keep it up!
Jennifer

Pages: 1 20 replies