Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Luau 400 Matching Vases

Pages: 1 16 replies

K

Just one cent. Ever seen these before?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7704650862

Mugs? Vases?

The last owner used 'em as vases, I am unfamiliar with these - gotta go to Chapters tomorrow & read up on them a bit....

[ Edited by: kaitheguy 2005-08-01 19:56 ]

M

Everyopne step away from the Auction!! These are mine!! I have been patiently looking for these for a few years now. I know they are not ultra rare but I love the style and look of these!

I am watching them right close now. And if your nice, I will let you have the other one at a decent price :wink:

Wish me luck!

Oh and Kai - page 40 of Tiki Quest, picture is circled in drool in my copy!

[ Edited by: Maori_man 2005-08-01 15:10 ]

TM

Hey Maori_man,

Can I have 1st dibs on one if you win the auction?

M

Matt, sure thing but now you just jinxed me........LOL!

Upon further inpspection of the pics there are two different colors - Orangish an yellow.

Once again - wish me luck!

DZ

Heh-heh... vases...

K

Someone just offered me $100 to pull the auction & sell to them directly... any thoughts?

M
Moki posted on Mon, Aug 1, 2005 8:55 PM

That would just be wrong!! Chances are, you'll get more letting it go the duration.

Good luck!!

K

I'm more concerned that it wouldn't be FAIR! In keeping with that spirit, could someone scan me p.40 of Tiki Quest so I can learn a bit more about these? Thanks!

TM

On 2005-08-01 20:53, kaiTheGuy wrote:
Someone just offered me $100 to pull the auction & sell to them directly... any thoughts?

Isn't that against ebay policy? Does that someone's user name rhyme with Kahola Charms?

K

Oh my goodness... I didn't know what I had here.

Thoughts; should I repost these 2 mugs in separate auctions? You know, just to give more peopel a crack at owning a mug - not everyone will be able to afford to buy two. I'll still start the auctions at a penny. Then again, being of different colors, these mugs should make a fine addition to the SAME collection. I'm so confused! hahhaha!

lemme know, tiki people. Split or not?

BTW I paid $2 for these at a yard sale. Get out there & look, folks, I know there are MORE!

M
Moki posted on Mon, Aug 1, 2005 9:39 PM

Keep the good Karma going and leave the auction as it is.
I'm certain you'll be rewarded in the end.

I'm sure you'll at least double your money :lol: And don't panic. All the bids come in the last seconds, really!!

Good luck, I'll be watching.

K
Kono posted on Mon, Aug 8, 2005 3:35 PM

Well kaiTheGuy, are you pleased with the results??

Good thing you didn't take that $100!

M

My guess is we won't hear from him unless he gets another Tiki find in his garage sale basket.

And what the hell are you people smokin' out there? Shit! I am newly unemployed - I can't handle these $300.00 plus auctions. Especially since the last one of these I saw on E-bay went for $50.00. And yes I saw it after the fact........

B

On 2005-08-01 20:58, kaiTheGuy wrote:
I'm more concerned that it wouldn't be FAIR! In keeping with that spirit, could someone scan me p.40 of Tiki Quest so I can learn a bit more about these? Thanks!

Or you could always buy a copy with some of the money you made from this auction....

Yes, that certainly was an exciting auction! BTW the buyer was AWESOME with quick pay! Considering how much Tiki stuff I come across, I believe I will buy myself a copy of that Tiki guide. Good idea!

I actually have a bit of a backlog of tiki stuff - $5 type mugs I usually gather in a group before selling, a carved wooden Tiki, and a collection of Coco Joe ashtrays etc. not to mention what I may find this weekend.

I'll be sure to keep you advised! Thanks everyone!

S

On 2005-08-01 20:53, kaiTheGuy wrote:

Kai:
Just so you know, this is a violation of eBay policies. According to the user agreement you accepted the terms of when you listed the item:
5.2 Binding Bids. Except for items listed in a category under the Non-binding Bid Policy, if you receive at least one bid at or above your stated minimum price (or in the case of reserve auctions, at or above the reserve price), you are obligated as the seller to complete the transaction with the highest bidder upon the auction's completion, unless there is an exceptional circumstance, such as: (a) the buyer fails to meet the terms of your listing (such as payment method), or (b) you cannot authenticate the buyer's identity.

In addition, if you go to the eBay policies page, you are not allowed to remove an auction to sell it to someone "off-board" who became aware of the auction through eBay.
Violation of these policies could cause you to be blocked from selling on eBay.

I appreciate you leaving the auction as it was originally listed (and it turned out pretty well for you, no??), but just thought I should let you know about these policies. They're kind of buried in the eBay site, but important because it keeps the spirit of auction ALIVE.
Thanks!

Pages: 1 16 replies