Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Complete Witco Living Room Set

Pages: 1 8 replies

Well, I think it's complete. Some of what is pictured may not be Witco, I don't know. It's all at Retro Inferno in Kansas City. He doesn't have this set pictured in his online inventory, so here it is. I have no affiliation with these folks; just thought it was cool and you'd like to see it. He's had this stuff for a while now.

OL

Thanks for posting the pictures. What a collection! Are they selling it as a set or individual pieces?

It's as a set, but I'm not sure what's included in the set. I also don't remember what he's asking for it. Sorry . . kinda blew the important details there.

There's probably a few grand worth of burnt wood in those pictures. He should sell the pieces individually. He'll probably make more money than if he tries to sell it as a set.
KG

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff 2005-08-02 13:09 ]

I dream to find a corner full of Witco like that. Amazing stuff. I especially like the coffee table with stool. I wonder what the original fabric was on the furniture?

K
kctiki posted on Sat, Aug 6, 2005 8:59 AM

Surely that's not the original fabric on the furniture. I wander how many naugas were killed to have enough hide to reupholster it in black like that. It's reminiscent of the Spanish Conquistador themed furniture popular around the same time. Thanks for posting this SilverLine.

Thanx silverline....because of you a few of these pieces will be blessing the Ballsavage lounge. (open to any tcers if your get up to the great white)

I first spotted this set 2 1/2 years ago. It was still their recently. The owner wanted 8,000 and wouldn't break up the set (sofa, chair, two tables, two sconces.) And that was before he knew what it was! I told him what it was and that his price was high for its condition. He said he was going to put it in his basement if it didn't sell at that price. His mid-century furniture prices were above market too. I just don't think he is very motivated. I went in 3 times in 3 different years and have gotten the same story after offering very fair prices..

$7000 was the last price I heard, and that was last year. I about had a heart attack when I walked up the stairs and saw that stuff. I've been hoping he'd come down a bit or split the set up; I don't think all of it, especially the wall hangings, went together in the first place.

Pages: 1 8 replies