Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Product of the day?

Pages: 1 20 replies

K
kirby posted on Mon, Aug 1, 2005 7:25 PM

I thought it would be fun to have a place to comment on the "product of the day" good or bad,useful or useless..

[ Edited by: kirby 2005-08-01 19:25 ]

K
kirby posted on Mon, Aug 1, 2005 7:30 PM

What are they measuring In this "mini shot" any way, sugar? salt? what is that? Also if I wanna shot its not gonna be mini its gotta be big, where is the "giant shot?"...

R

On 2005-08-01 19:30, kirby wrote:
What are they measuring In this "mini shot" any way,

I think the picture came from a fertility clinic.

But seriously folks...
This is a very useful measuring instrument because it goes down to 1/4 ounce measurement. The Trader Vic Mai Tai uses 1/4 ounce of orgeat & 1/4 ounce of rock candy syrup. Even the Beachbum himself says in "The Grog Log" that a measuring cup that goes down to 1/4 is often a hard find. I had to order one when I saw it.

and now back to the ironic humor...
I can't believe that I used the words/phrases:
fertility clinic, came, hard find, and goes down (twice) in the same post. Freud (or Bong) would have a field day with this.

[ Edited by: Riptide 2005-08-01 21:56 ]

tiki soup dish - LOL

Flat soup??

Flounder??

T

On 2005-10-06 09:49, RevBambooBen wrote:

Flat soup??

Flounder??

Yeah, I think Ben is right. It's not 'tiki SOUP dish', it's supposed to be 'tiki Soap FISH'!

On 2005-08-01 19:30, kirby wrote:
What are they measuring In this "mini shot" any way, sugar? salt? what is that? Also if I wanna shot its not gonna be mini its gotta be big, where is the "giant shot?"...

It's probably my favorite shot glass. It just looks so...serious. I don't think I've used it to do any precision mixing, but it's a comforting thought to know it's there in case I have to.

Today's Product of the Day is "Hanford Forge Tiki 6 3/4" Individual Salad Fork!" From the people that brought you the "Hanford Forge Tiki 6 1/4" Teaspoon" & the "Hanford Forge Tiki 7 3/8" Place/Oval Soup Spoon," this little beauty might be dwarfed by the Tiki Salad Forks mounted on your wall, but it'll easily handle any salad you can throw at it.

M

Today's Product of the day is Sweet Mele's Hawaiian Krunch.

That tiki sure looks familiar...

Ouch!

I didn't see this thead Kirby.
I like it and always wanted to comment on some of the products that were cool.
Thanks!

ARRRRR! Aye Aye says I. The crew here on The Karnal Ku are not just bloodthirsty pirates, we're also conscientious consumers that are always keeping an eye out (the one good one) for quality products at a reasonable price.

...okay, i'm not just saying this because it's my name, but i think the music of the band "Tipsy" is awesome!!! I picked up both c.d.s a few years back and am happy to have seen them mentioned in the product of the day post. Very creative spins on the whole lounge/tropical theme. I highly recommend them....

that's my 2 cents!!

-Tipsy

M

Excellent product of the day today!

someone needs to photoshop hanfords face on todays....

TM

On 2006-01-30 06:56, RevBambooBen wrote:
someone needs to photoshop hanfords face on todays....

oh crap, now that i went and looked, my Amazon "Page You Made" now has crazy books like this subject

geez.

How to Good-Bye Depression: If You Constrict Anus 100 Times Everyday. Malarkey? or Effective Way? (Paperback)
by Hiroyuki Nishigaki

Are you serious? I don't think I've ever been that depressed...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0595094724/sr=8-1/qid=1149894182/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-8209105-4932619?%5Fencoding=UTF8

K
kctiki posted on Fri, Jun 9, 2006 6:57 PM

Good gravy! What a stretch! Once Casteneda got to the "third attention", his writing was way too metaphysical for me to get a grip on. Apparently, one must grip with a certain sphincter to deal with the third attention - I was trying to do it with my brain, silly me.

And since when was Don Juan an Inca? This author sounds nuttier than Paul Lezchuk/aka T.D.A. Lingo.

Pages: 1 20 replies