Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

(newbee here)How Do you build a palm three!!!

Pages: 1 9 replies

DT

Hi everytiki's
I'm from Belgium(europe) and new to this forum
I really love the tiki lifestyle and i'm turning my livingroom into a giant tiki lounge,and i would like to know if you have ideas on how to make your own palm three?
Some pics would be great to.
Thanks a lot everyone.

[ Edited by: Dean Tiki 2005-08-02 13:13 ]

[ Edited by: Dean Tiki 2005-08-03 06:57 ]

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Aug 2, 2005 1:24 PM

Welcome Dean Tiki.

Ummm... A palm three? That a tuff one. Actually I live in Michigan and a fake palm would be nice for outdoors all year. The only kind that I would get for our harsh winters would be a fake although they have been selling real full size ones down the street. I know there has been a post a week ago about buying fake full size. Those are $$$$ but yeah making a good one would be cool. I guess that you would want to do it in sections but from there I have no clue. Maybe one day they will be at Target for the price of a basketball hoop.

H

Welcome! Here's a post I made a few years ago about how I made my fake palm trees:

How to make a fake palm tree

DT

On 2005-08-02 14:24, Humuhumu wrote:
Welcome! Here's a post I made a few years ago about how I made my fake palm trees:

How to make a fake palm tree

Thanks for the reply,now i got to go searching for something similar cause here in Belgium you don't find that kinda stuff whit ease,they got fake threes here they cost around 700 to a 1000$ the real ones coast even more.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Aug 3, 2005 3:44 AM

Mate, welcome to TC! Glad to have you on board.

If you're surfing for ideas, check the old creating tiki posts, or you can search if you want something specific. Very handy.

One more thing, make sure you post plenty of pictures.

There's a place here in the UK that sells 10 foot fake palms for about £600, they sometimes have used/ previously hired ones for a fair bit cheaper. PM me if you want details

S

I stapled a bunch of palm tree bark from Benson's Import (www.bensonsimport.com) to a post in my basement & it looks awesome!
Plus, the bark is pretty cheap, and a little goes a long way.

peace,
Scott

DT

Hi everyone thanks for the help,here's a three i found at the local flower shop they just came in and cost about 35$,its called Nolina Beaucarnea(they also call it yuka) they grow up to 6ft5,it kinda looked like a palm so i immediately bought it.

[ Edited by: Dean Tiki 2005-08-04 02:30 ]

[ Edited by: Dean Tiki 2005-08-04 02:31 ]

Just hang some coconuts from it and you'll be sorted.

Pages: 1 9 replies