Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Check out my new slide shows! Pg 3. 2/17/05

Pages: 1 34 replies

C

Yup, 1000 posts!! Who would a-thunk you could have so much fun with a 'puter and a bunch tiki loonies. Hooray for all us kooks!
O.K, I have finally got caught up with my pics. Here is another painting I did for Oasis V:

"The lonely Hukilau" mixed media on masonite.

The rest of my art can be seen on these previous threads:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=8617&forum=7&start=0

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=6861&forum=7&start=0&hilite=shack

...and to think I almost wasted my 1000th post in bilge posting a picture of Ernest Borgnine!

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com
Kamapua'a the Hawaiian Pig God http://www.piggod.com

[ Edited by: Chongolio 2005-11-02 11:57 ]

[ Edited by: Chongolio 2006-02-17 15:20 ]

F

Beautiful picture! I like the pink fish the most. :)

Nice! I'm partial to the octopi myself. And look who's strutting around with 4 digits.

Very Nice Chongolio!!! I like the way it is a night scene with bright colors. And I also dig the Fish and the Octopus. Thanks for posting pics!!
Later,
Spermy

Hey Chongo!! I'm right behind you with the posts.... Congratulations! As always, killer art with great style too. Long live Ernest too. I still like the old 1955 movie of his, "Marty". I like that part where he's BS'in with all his friends: "...Mickey Spillane, he's the guy.... nobody can write like Mi-ckey Spil-lane... Yeah, he's the guy alright...." or something to that effect. I better cool it with the rambling before this post gets tossed into Bilge Hell... :)

http://www.samgambino.com

K
kirby posted on Tue, Aug 2, 2005 8:27 PM

congrats on 1000 posts, your art is great, keep up the good work...

H
hewey posted on Wed, Aug 3, 2005 3:54 AM

Cool art, and congrats on the 1000th post. Very cool on both accounts

T

Congrats on 1000...The painting has a nice VanGoghish feeling around the volcano flames.

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Aug 3, 2005 8:48 AM

If i had a dollar for for every time you posted, I'd have a grand in my pocket. Drinks are on me!! Hell yeah. Great picture and I like how you have different styles. Everyone needs to just pick up a paintbrush and get busy.

B

Way to go Chongo! 1000 posts Already, ow did you do it so Fast? About time too.
I love that electric, spicy looking water. Surprized the fisherman can eat anything out of it, unless of course he is fishing for a meal for his tiki buddy there. Nice.

C

Thanks everybody for the comments and the looks.
Finkdaddy- I like the way the fish turned out to. Kind of like he is looking out at you.

Raffertiki- Hands have always been tough for me to draw. all of the guys proportions are way out of whack. I just went with it.

Spermy- Thanks bro, the paint pens I have been using are really vibrant. You should see it "live." It looks like it is moving.

Sam- Never saw Marty but I rented it from Netflix. I will let you know what I thought after I watch it. I always like Ernie in the war films.

Kirby and Hewey- you guys both keep creating and postin too. I really is inspirational seeing everybody take on Tiki.

Tiki Tammy- I can see a little Van Gosh in the flames, though painting wise I am more inspired by Wallisy Kandinsky. This is one of my favorite pieces by him:

http://www.auburn.edu/academic/liberal_arts/foreign/russian/art/kandinsky-woman.html

teaKey- If I had a dollar for every dot on that picture I would by us all drinks...in Hawaii!

Benz- Yes thatsa spicy meataball. Like I said to Spermy, The water looks like it is moving in real life. Spicy good description. Like a dollop of wasabi under the tongue. Well see how fast I make 2000 now that I am a bilge local :D

Y'all rock thanks again for peekin'

Chongolio

that fish's eyes follow me, no matter where I go!!!

C

RUSSELL!!! That fish know a good looking monkey when she see's one.

Raffertiki- Hands have always been tough for me to draw. all of the guys proportions are way out of whack. I just went with it.

Hah!

I meant the 4 digits (1000+) next to your name. Your art is totally cool.

C

Raffertiki, That's funny! Digits,,,fingers..I am such a goober sometimes. I was kinda laughin at the guys hands from the begining. Thanks for the compliment on the art.
Chongolio

Chonogolio...I'm really getting into your work. So far I've seen Kamapua'a and the Lost Isle postcard you sent out, which I love, but this is my favorite so far. I really dig the colors. I'm a pen and ink/black and white guy myself...I can't work in color, so I'm always filled with admiration at stuff like this. I'm going to check the other posts for more of your work!

UB

Chongeeee!! 1000!!!!
Love the painting.

Aloha All,
Here is a new picture I did over the last few weeks while I was in the "Mad Monster Party" State of mind. I was also inspired by the art that was posted on this thread:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=16791&forum=7&start=0

Thanks for lookin'
Chongolio

Very cool, Chongo! It sort of has that 60s-70s Saturday morning - Hanna Barbara vibe to it (Flintstones, Grape Ape, Hong Kong Fooey). I appreciate that whole style - It brings back great memories. Thanks for posting!

Ape man in charge, sacrificial maam, tiki. It's got it all.

SF

Nice Chongolio, I like the skull with the wig.

Chongolio-
Cool Stuff man. There is alot fun stuff going on. The whole scene is almost alive if you ask me!!! I like your style!!!!
Later,
Spermy

That's a "Wang Dang Doodler"!
I like paintings that keep you entertained, and this is one of them.
Way cool Randy!

Thanks Fellers, you know I apprieciate the peeks and comments.
Sam- you hit the inspiration right on the head. Grape Ape! Yeah haven't thought about that guy in a while.

Jungle Trader- Well almost everything... I didn't get a pufferfish, a wave or a surfboard into this one.

Swamp Fire- The skull with the wig is straight out of "Mad Monster Party."
Everytime I do one of these digital pieces, it amazes me how much time, thought and skill you must put into your work. Thanks for the comment.

Spermy- Glad you like it. I have always liked images that make you wonder what is the story behind the characters and scene.

Unga- Yeah, a Wang Dang Doodler for sure. Stoked you got a kick out of it.

Aloha, and thanks again for taking the time to check it out.

Chongolio

" I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain
http://www.Lost-Isle.com
http://www.piggod.com

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Nov 3, 2005 4:58 PM

Chongolio,

Sorry to chime in late...Grape Ape - Grape Ape! Man, I loved that show...and I love this piece. Anything with a babe tied to two tikis has to be good....

-Gman

CHONGO!!!!!

wow...what a great painting to post. it's too much, I love it. that monkey with the cymbals looks totally possesed!

P
pablus posted on Fri, Nov 4, 2005 6:03 PM

I LOVE IT!

Thanks for posting it.

Salvador Chongo !!!

I used to have a recurring nightmare (when I was 4) that had a wind-up evil cymbal-playing monkey that chased me around our yard. I brings back those wierd terrifying memories. Still, it's a really cool piece.

H
hewey posted on Sat, Nov 5, 2005 8:26 PM

Haha, man I got some blues music cranked right up at the moment, i swear it looked like he was playing right along...

Cool man

C

Gman- I am sorry it took me song long to say "Thanks for the commet" :D Glad you like it.

Polynesicac-Mahalo bro! dig your signature, too funny. That cymbal playing monkey is loosly based on those crazy mechanical monkey that clashed cymbals together and screeched when you banged the top of it's head. They made a racket only a child could enjoy. I am still not sure what my Mom did with mine.

Pablus- The crazed mugs have been playin' in my studio and making me think of all kinds of good stuff to draw. Thanks for lookin.

Reverend B- Just don't go callin' me Vincent Van Golio. I plan on keepin' my ears. :D

Raffer- I think we had similar nightmares, only mine was in an schoolyard and the monkey was chasing me with a clenched fist of undone homework.

Hewey- I like a good blues tune also, Wang Dang Doodle being one of them. Doesn't Howler Monkey sing that song? :wink:

Chongolio

Hey folks,
Here is a link to a pretty neat slide show site. I put a bunch of my art there. You can even download the free player to your desk top and it will update as things are added. Check it out!!

Chongolio's Slide Show

And here is the link to my art and stuff for sale on eBay:

The Lost-isle Trading Post

Thanks for spockin'

Chongolio

B

Chong, Shweet stuff. Some of those bring back great memories. Glad to see you still cookin.

B
Bete posted on Fri, Feb 17, 2006 5:03 PM

Awesome pictures in this thread!

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff 2006-02-18 09:42 ]

Pages: 1 34 replies