Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

ART by Tikicutie! See "The Enchanted Puffin' Flame HOle"

Pages: 1 15 replies

T

Hey all you art fanatics out there, I finally figured out how to post a picture on this site. Here is my first painting for the world of TIKI. Some of you may have seen it on display at Dr Z's most recent Castaway Lounge Summer Spectacular on July 30th.

The birds represented in this painting are artistic representations of the four host birds from Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room. I recently had the chance to observe them "up close and personal" for a few months while working up on ladders during the Tikiroom rehab. From left to right are Pierre (blue), Michael (green and blue), Fritz (red), Jose (multi), and the female white cockatoo is Rosita. (Yes, that's whatever happened to her!).

The Puffin' Flame HOle bowl is an imitation of the one from the Purple Orchid (notice the glaze around the flame), with a few embellishments. The four tiki carvings holding them up are representations from the totem poles in the Tikiroom. The four crocodiles holding up the bowl are also to be found on the totem pole carvings.

TIKIfiles, enjoy the details! I wouldn't want ANYONE to just think these were any old parrots, that this was any old bowl, or the tikis and crocodiles were just any old characters.

If you haven't already signed up for a print, or actually would like to buy the original, please PM me or email me at [email protected]. Prints will be ready on Friday, August 5th. (The prints and original are all 24"x30"). I will let you know the prices in the email response.

(If you are thinking of getting Dr. Z something he'd really like for his birthday, I bet he'd REALLY like a print of this painting!)

Here is "The Enchanted Puffin' Flame HOle" By TikiCutie (signed by Laura Harper).

I put the "fun" in confusion!

[ Edited by: TikiCutie 2005-08-02 18:57 ]

Nice! Buffet would be proud.

Very cool work, Tikicutie, and welcome!

T

Hey Sam Gambino,

That comes as a great compliment from you, as I admire your own artwork greatly!

Tikicutie

C

nice work...really great concept...thanks for offering
some background on the images....this particular midwesterner has been to disney but unbelievably...
not the enchanted tiki room...

That's an excellent use of the Puffin' Flame HOle.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Aug 3, 2005 3:47 AM

Very nice. Very cool picture and concept. The light is awesome in that.

S

sweet

M
McTiki posted on Wed, Aug 3, 2005 6:03 AM

Nice work Cutie! Beats the heck out of bulldogs playing pool. We just got a bird so this is kinda neat.

Mahalo

B

Nice one tikicutie. Now that you know how to post your pic's, I'm Sure you must have aBunch more that we all can't wait to see.

welcome tikicutie. excellent work cant wait to see more

F

The gator holder is my favorite

T

Hey thanks for all your nice words, everybody.

Yes, the gator/crocodiles holding it up is my favorite part too, as I am from Florida...are you too, FLACOOKZ?

Very beautiful. Love the colors and light, as well as the concept.

I claim retardation for starting a new topic about my art...I wanted to post it here in the same listing as "The Enchanted Puffin' Flame HOle", but I coudln't figure out how to edit the title.

So therefore, if you want to see lots more art by me, please go back to the CREATING TIKI forum and look for a different topic, same artist, different title. Same Bat channel!

Thanks again for everyone's encouragement!

Tikicutie

[ Edited by: TikiCutie 2005-08-05 10:36 ]

Hey, my TC O'hana,

I have new sizes and new prices available now for this painting in TIKI MARKETPLACE. So for those of you who were interested in a print and didn't have the space for a 24"x30", I now offer this print in the more petite size of 12"x18", on paper and for less money.

Please visit "The Enchanted Puffin' Flame HOle" thread in TIKI MARKETPLACE for the price!

Thanks for all your compliments and encouragement again.

Tikicutie

[ Edited by: TikiCutie 2005-08-10 15:43 ]

Pages: 1 15 replies