Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

New Brian Setzer Cd (All Sun Record Songs) New Johny Cash Box Set

Pages: 1 10 replies

T

Brian Setzer has just come out with a new Cd called "Rockabilly Riot Vol 1. A Tribute to Sun Records". Setzer is back in original form with a 3 piece band. The Cd is great and Bs hasn't changed the Songs too much besides spicing up the solos just a bit. If you dig Rockabilly you'll enjoy this Cd.

The Brian Setzer Orchestra has a new Christmas Cd coming out this fall called "Dig that Crazy Christmas." If it's anything like their first x-mas Cd, the holidays will be rockin away this year at my house. There’s a Christmas tour that follows. I saw their xmas show in Detroit a few years back and it was fantastic. The majority was Christmas songs but he snuck a few others in as well.

Lastly, A new Johnny Cash box set came out today (AUG 2). It's a good mix of old and new stuff buy Cash, spanning his entire career. 7 unreleased songs as well. 107 songs in all. A must for any Man in black fans out there. I like it so far, but then again, what’s not to like about Cash. Check it out if you get the chance (Best Buy has it on sale right now for $29.99)

On 2005-08-02 21:01, tikilee wrote:
Brian Setzer has just come out with a new Cd called "Rockabilly Riot Vol 1. A Tribute to Sun Records". Setzer is back in original form with a 3 piece band. The Cd is great and Bs hasn't changed the Songs too much besides spicing up the solos just a bit. If you dig Rockabilly you'll enjoy this Cd.

The Brian Setzer Orchestra has a new Christmas Cd coming out this fall called "Dig that Crazy Christmas." If it's anything like their first x-mas Cd, the holidays will be rockin away this year at my house. There’s a Christmas tour that follows. I saw their xmas show in Detroit a few years back and it was fantastic. The majority was Christmas songs but he snuck a few others in as well.

Lastly, A new Johnny Cash box set came out today (AUG 2). It's a good mix of old and new stuff buy Cash, spanning his entire career. 7 unreleased songs as well. 107 songs in all. A must for any Man in black fans out there. I like it so far, but then again, what’s not to like about Cash. Check it out if you get the chance (Best Buy has it on sale right now for $29.99)

Lady Velour is a huge Setzer fan. She got Rockabilly Riot the day it came out and I agree, it's a great album. As for The Brian Setzer Christmas Extravaganza show, we have gone to every show. Last year, Lady V was filmed and may be in an upcomming DVD of the show.

T

but then again, what’s not to like about Cash.

The 1980s.

..and that's about it.

T

Stop my beating heart, did someone just knock down the Man in Black. Thats it, this means war. Tikibars, Don't Take Your Mugs To Town. LoL. If you broke down JC's career into decades I'll have to give you credit on that one.

Jonnievelour, great to hear from other Setzer fans. I didn't know they filmed any X-mas shows. Do you know if they are planning to release a Dvd?

On 2005-08-07 17:48, tikilee wrote:

Jonnievelour, great to hear from other Setzer fans. I didn't know they filmed any X-mas shows. Do you know if they are planning to release a Dvd?

At the Universal Amp. they had a big production of cameras everywhere. I believe they said the DVD would be out later this year.

On 2005-08-04 21:25, tikibars wrote:

but then again, what’s not to like about Cash.

The 1980s.

..and that's about it.

Have you heard the album "Rockabilly" that (then son-in-law") Nick Lowe produced? Dave Edmunds is on it too. Came out around 1980, It's pretty great. They recently re-packaged it as "Rockabilly Blues" and added some other stuff to it.

I'm lovin' the new Setzer album. Walked into the record store and on the front rack was the new Setzer next to the new Knitters. It was like Christmas for me! I think I like this one better than the '68 Comeback Special record.

I also got this compilation CD called, "Dear Johnny - A Tribute" It's a benefit CD for Johnny Cash's charities. Here's the track list:
1.Dale Watson “Guess Things Happen That Way”
2.The ScotchGreens “There You Go”
3.Supersuckers “Mean-Eyed Cat”
4.Stevie Tombstone “Folsom Prison Blues”
5.Deadbolt “Orange Blossom Special”
6.Beverly Killbillies “Wanted Man”
7.Kings Of Nuthin' “Cry, Cry, Cry”
8.Flametrick Subs “Dirty Old Egg-Suckin' Dog”
9.Bastard Sons Of Johnny Cash “Long Black Veil”
10.Jesse Dayton “Doin' My Time”
11.Concombre Zombi “Flesh & Blood”
12.12 Step Rebels “Delia's Gone”
13.Satan's Teardrops “I Got Stripes”
14.Los Creepers “Wreck of the Old ‘97”
15.Eddie Spaghetti “Peace in the Valley”
16.Todd Stedman “Hey Porter”
17.Speedbuggy USA “Drive On”
18.Hot Rod Lincoln “I Walk the Line"

More info about it here

I agree... always great to see Setzerfans :D

On 2005-08-07 17:48, tikilee wrote:
Stop my beating heart, did someone just knock down the Man in Black. Thats it, this means war. Tikibars, Don't Take Your Mugs To Town. LoL. If you broke down JC's career into decades I'll have to give you credit on that one.

T

Jonnievelour, That great news, I'll be keeping my eyes open for that DVD. Still waiting for this years xmas show tickets to go on sale.

Stuff-o-rama, thanks for the heads up on the benefit CD, theres some good acts on that one. I'll have to hunt it down. What record lable is it on.

Turbosickboy - have you ever seen Setzer? I think he's been to Sweden a few times, or near by at least.

On 2005-09-08 20:09, tikilee wrote:
Jonnievelour, That great news, I'll be keeping my eyes open for that DVD. Still waiting for this years xmas show tickets to go on sale.

The DVD and a new Christmas CD "Dig that Crazy Christmas" comes out on October 18. So you can keep your eyes closed 'till then.

Personally, i don't like the last cd of BZ, Rockabilly sound are not here cause all this cd are too much professional, this is not the sound of good rockab years. But the song are great in real and Bz is the best guitarist in the world i prefer Nitro Burnin funny daddy.. rockabilly riot stay a good album.

Yes, Rockabilly riot is a pretty good album. But Nitro burnin...? To me it´s one of the crappiest things Brian has put his name on...

On 2005-09-09 10:43, hells idols wrote:
Personally, i don't like the last cd of BZ, Rockabilly sound are not here cause all this cd are too much professional, this is not the sound of good rockab years. But the song are great in real and Bz is the best guitarist in the world i prefer Nitro Burnin funny daddy.. rockabilly riot stay a good album.

Pages: 1 10 replies