Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

ART by Tikicutie for sale:

Pages: 1 3 replies

T

Hey all you art fanatics out there, I finally figured out how to post a picture on this site. Here is my first painting for the world of TIKI. Some of you may have seen it on display at Dr Z's most recent Castaway Lounge Summer Spectacular on July 30th.

The birds represented in this painting are artistic representations of the four host birds from Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room. I recently had the chance to observe them "up close and personal" for a few months while working up on ladders during the Tikiroom rehab. From left to right are Pierre (blue), Michael (green and blue), Fritz (red), Jose (multi), and the female white cockatoo is Rosita. (Yes, that's whatever happened to her!).

The Puffin' Flame HOle bowl is an imitation of the one from the Purple Orchid (notice the glaze around the flame), with a few embellishments. The four tiki carvings holding them up are representations from the totem poles in the Tikiroom. The four crocodiles holding up the bowl are also to be found on the totem pole carvings.

TIKIfiles, enjoy the details! I wouldn't want ANYONE to just think these were any old parrots, that this was any old bowl, or the tikis and crocodiles were just any old characters.

Here is "The Enchanted Puffin' Flame HOle" By TikiCutie (signed by Laura Harper).

If you haven't already signed up for a print, or actually would like to buy the original, please PM me or email me at [email protected]. Prints will be ready on Friday, August 5th. (The prints and original are all 24"x30").

PRINTS ARE ALL ON REAL CANVAS, so you will LOOK like you have the original! Impress your friends! Frame it in style! You will recieve your print rolled and in a mailing tube, unless you meet me somewhere to pick it up. Then you will recieve it rolled with a rubber band around it. No prints are pre-framed.

PRICE:

Original: $600.00
Print on canvas: $150.00

(If you are thinking of getting Dr. Z something he'd really like for his birthday, I bet he'd REALLY like a print of this painting!)

I put the "fun" in confusion!

H
hewey posted on Wed, Aug 3, 2005 8:28 PM

Nice artwork. Unfortunately, I'm broke so no picture for me.

Love to see some more of your art though

T

Aloha Cutie,
Nice work, I like the glow coming from the bowl and the nice smooth rendering. Keep it up, and lets see more!

Aloha again, TC O'hana,

I would like to let you know that the Enchanted Puffin' Flame HOle" print is now available in a smaller size and a lower price.

Some of you had mentioned that you were interested in my painting but didn't have the space for a 24"x30" print, so I have gotten some options for you from the printer. Now everyone can have one! YAY!

NEW SIZE: 12"x18"
NEW PRICE: $75.00
NEW MATERIAL: Heavy printer stock paper

The original print is still available in the size and material I posted earlier:

ORIGINAL SIZE: 24"x30"
ORIGINAL PRICE: $150.00
ORIGINAL MATERIAL: real canvas

Please email me if you are interested: [email protected], and THANK YOU SO MUCH to those of you who have already purchased from me, I am so proud to sell to Tiki Central members!

Tikicutie

Pages: 1 3 replies