Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Pics of home bar

Pages: 1 11 replies

J

Hey there everyone. Here are some pics of my bar so far. Still have alot of work to do though. How do I get pics in here, please.

Hi Jamie!
Can't wait to see the pictures

Adding Photos to your Posts

J

H
hewey posted on Wed, Aug 3, 2005 8:07 PM

She looks a little plain so far... :)

Nice solid platform to put tiki stuff on. Can't wait to see more pics

M
McTiki posted on Thu, Aug 4, 2005 5:37 AM

Nice beginings Jamie! You gotta start somewheres. I would suggest beefing up the basic structural integrity a bit though as some of us are heavier than your current frame will support if say....we were to fall on it somehow, or....somehow stagger near enough to want to grab it for support. Most of my friends are bouncer types and I had to consider the folks that would possibly become influenced by Rum or Beer and as such, ended up using 2 X 6 framework and 3/4" Plywood for the Bar istself. Just a suggestion.

On 2005-08-03 17:38, Jamie71 wrote:

J

Yeah, I still have some work to do. But it is a start. I am going to put some bamboo reed fencing, bamboo sticks, and some clear laquer on top. I already put some water seal on it. Also put a tiki mask or twoin the front. Any suggestions would great, thanks.

M

Jamie-
That looks cool. How high is the bar?
We thought of going with a half round bar (shaped like a giant D ). Then put the usual tiki mask in the center but with lights. Wes is talking about welding a metal foot rest then putting welds every 10" to make it look like bamboo.
Annie

J

Hey there, my bar is 43 inches high, 6 feet long and 30 inches in depth( so I can put a small fridge under). I am going to put a mask also in the front along with reed bamboo fencing and bamboo trimming around the bar.I still have to put another shelve in the middle for glasses and liquor. Talk to you later.

M

Jamie-
That's a perfect size, it going to be great.
Speaking of tiki bars my friend sent me this ebay link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4397783486&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

Hey Moondance!
We used to pass by New Hope all the time on our way to the races at the old Flemington Speedway in Jersey. Stopped in your town a few times, what a cool little town! It's been so long, back in the 70's it was kind of hippified! Is it still that way with lots of arts n crafts stuff?
Later
Jim

M

Jim,
It's not as Hippiefied as the 70's but the younger kids in their 20's seem to be trying to bring back that look. I don't think they'll ever get that attitude back. That was a fun time. Oops! I guess I'm giving up my age now.
The shops are more commercialized and not as many craftsman there.
Annie

Pages: 1 11 replies