Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

International Marketplace heyday

Pages: 1 8 replies

Can anyone point me in the direction of any pictures of Trader Vic's or Don the Beachcombers places at the International Marketplace in it's heyday. Especially pictures of Don's place in the Banyan tree.

I've searched in the forum and on the net, but I can't find anything.

Mahalo

[ Edited by: Kon-Hemsby 2005-08-04 05:31 ]

Here's Gecko's thread from 2002... has some good pictures...

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=2111&forum=1

I remember him posting this back then so I just searched through his posts... Enjoy!

Thanks, I found the original post by Gecko but not the 2nd one with the photo. Cheers.
It's amazing that the International Marketplace is so well known but there's not many pictures from the heyday.

M

There's a few good pix in the recent Don The Beachcomber recipe book. I believe it was a "product of the day" as well.

Look for vintage postcards. There are quite a few IMP cards, some labeled Don the Beachcomber and some not.
KG

HOK

Aloha ! I think filslash could hook you up on your Don the Beachcomber info request. (Freddie in Hawaii)

I have a copy of the recently published Hawai'i Tropical Rum Drinks & Cuisine by Don the Beachcomber (by Arnold Bitner & Pheobe Beach).

It contains about 6 pages of story about the International market place and several pictures c1947-1955. If you don't have this book you can find it everywhere even your local mall's bookstore.

Cheers for the info.

That's good news Fil. Hopefully they'll refurb TV's?

Pages: 1 8 replies