Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

ART by Tikicutie: New Series 8/22/05

Pages: 1 8 replies

Hey everybody, I finally finished the series of shirt graphics turned into paintings. I hope you enjoy them, I'll be showing them at the Lucky Tiki this August 28th. Thanks for looking!

To recap their theme:

I made a bunch of small paintings based on the images found on the printed material on the original Enchanted Tikiroom 1964 Host Shirt.

So if you were one of the fanatics who missed out on ordering a shirt replica before they sold out, you can still admire the artwork images here (or contact [email protected] for originals or prints). Beats paying $300 for a shirt on EBAY!

Here are the total 13:

This is the entire collection.

This is a larger version that includes 2 drummer gods and the Tikiroom Logo.

The deadly floating head of the tall central drummer!

Seated Drummer facing right.....

Seated Drummer facing left... (As you know the ones in the Tikiroom flank the tall drummer, I thought it would be cool to have two little paintings that could do that)

The pineapples and floral graphic.

Another crazy, abstract exotic bird.

The tiki found on Juan's perch base.

The tiki found on the fountain of the ETR.

And last but not least, a little pink cockatoo representin' "Da girls".

And here are the others I completed a couple of weeks ago that you may or may not have already seen:

The Barker Bird, Juan...with fun text! (I must adopt this as my new greeting...what does "Caramba" mean? I thought this was some kind of expletive.)

Our hero, Jose! (That lazy bird)

My favorite image from the shirt...can be viewed right side up or right side down. The funniest little bird in this image is the fat pink and purple guy with the turquoise beak..what an impish smile!

For those of you who don't want to stand on your head.

The famed tiki totems in vibrant Exoticolor!

Since these are standing on their heads, I gave you another break.

Order all 14 and hang the collection on your wall, and pretend your wall is wearing the 1964 Tikiroom Host Shirt!

Prices will be listed soon in the TIKI MARKETPLACE.

Thanks for looking, everybody.

Tikicutie

I put the "fun" in confusion!

I put the "fun" in confusion!

[ Edited by: tikicutie 2005-08-22 03:12 ]

[ Edited by: tikicutie 2005-08-22 03:38 ]

T

Yes, Awesome, love the shirt love the paintings. What's the size, medium? I think somebody needs a website!

T

Hi Tiki Tony,

Please PM me and give me advice on how to do a website...or maybe I will see you at the STUart Gallery on Saturday night (Aug 6), and you can advise me then. I really want to do one, I just have no idea how.

Mahalo

Tikicutie

H
hewey posted on Sun, Aug 7, 2005 7:23 AM

Heya there - cool art. Very colourful and a bit of background behind it too.

Nice paintings, Cutie!

Hiya, O'hana,

I just wanted to let anyone now who's interested that I am going to be showing these new paintings (plus others) at the Lucky Tiki on August 28th. Prints and originals will be available for sale. I hope to see you all there!

Tikicutie

The pictures don't do your art justice - the paintings are AWESOME in person. I really enjoyed seeing them at the Lucky tiki. Very nicely done

Wow TikiCutie! I absolutely love these paintings!! They look really fabulous all together, like the shirt. My favorite though is the one of the reversible birds, with the "fat pink and purple guy with the turquoise beak..what an impish smile!" Yes, he is cute! I wish I could've seen these paintings in person...oh...well...
Really creative idea though! I love it!
: )
Jennifer

B

Excellent work tikicutie, I really love it. Hope you do well in your show.!

Pages: 1 8 replies