Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Another Ebay Pirate Strikes Again!

Pages: 1 11 replies

J

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6198223040

Isn't it odd that the bidding was moving along rather nicely then all of a sudden the mug has been lost or broken? God that pisses me off! Bastards!

K
Kono posted on Fri, Aug 5, 2005 7:18 PM

But why is everyone so bitter and mean towards him?

:wink:

:lol:

J

Are you intimating that KC would do something like this?! How dare you sir!!

T
teaKEY posted on Sat, Aug 6, 2005 5:08 PM

That was a cool mug too. It looks like a Tikifarm, right? But the color is different and unusual. I liked it better that way. Nice design, nice color, too bad.

This usually happens when hardcore collectors make offers of vast sums of money to end the auction. Not only is this illegal with eBay policies but its downright unfair for everyone else. Down with big money tiki mongers!

J
JTD posted on Sat, Aug 6, 2005 7:35 PM

I sent seller an e-mail sayimg I hoped they hadn't sold early becuase this was a much-desired mug. Here's the response.....

"I noticed another tiny chip or flea bite nick on the rim... so ended the listing. I did not know that it was worth anything at all. How much do you think it would have sold for? Just curious. Thanks!! Let me know... I may relist."

I make no judgements because I really don't know the seller and they are very experienced (nearly 1500 feedback). I think an old hand would know better than to sell early.

JTD

K
Kono posted on Sat, Aug 6, 2005 7:45 PM

On 2005-08-06 19:35, JTD wrote:
I sent seller an e-mail sayimg I hoped they hadn't sold early becuase this was a much-desired mug. Here's the response.....

"I noticed another tiny chip or flea bite nick on the rim... so ended the listing. I did not know that it was worth anything at all. How much do you think it would have sold for? Just curious. Thanks!! Let me know... I may relist."

I make no judgements because I really don't know the seller and they are very experienced (nearly 1500 feedback). I think an old hand would know better than to sell early.

JTD

Bah! They ended the auction because they found a flea bite? And they told midnite that it was broken. AND they want to know what it would've sold for? Smells funny to me. But I guess I'm just paranoid. Email her back and tell her (him?) that it would've probably gone for $300+ or more (I think it would have, no?). Let's see how fast it gets relisted.

J
JTD posted on Sat, Aug 6, 2005 7:59 PM

Kono,
I hadn't seen Midnite's tale of woe. I don't think I could possible bid against her after reading that. Anyway, here's my response to VariousValuableVintage:

VVV,
Flea bites notwithstanding, that Mahi Mahi mug would probably go for $250-$300, maybe more if a couple of the avid collectors went a little bonkers. Good luck.

-JTD

K
Kono posted on Sat, Aug 6, 2005 8:08 PM

On 2005-08-06 19:59, JTD wrote:
Kono,
I hadn't seen Midnite's tale of woe. I don't think I could possible bid against her after reading that.

Look around your kitchen and see if you can find some salt. Get a grain and again read midnite's tale but this time take that grain of salt and a shot of rum whilst you read it. :) I can mail you a grain of salt if you don't have any. :wink:

T

The mug has been reposted has your faith been restored?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6199358074

K
Kono posted on Sat, Aug 6, 2005 10:22 PM

So it's not broken!

It's as if every day is Christmas! :D

Go figure...

Good luck on it midnite.

RT

Yes, it is broken...at least that's what they told the guy who arranged to "steal it now" when it was listed previously. $300?

Pages: 1 11 replies