Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Volcano cake!!

Pages: 1 6 replies

Ok..

I can finally spill the beans.. I've been keeping this under wraps as a surprise for my friend's birthday.. I made a tiki-ish/volcano island cake for her.. red velvet (chocolate) cake with "lava" filling (coloured vanilla pudding) with lava stone exterior.. (oreo crumbs on grey icing) the palm trees are wafer sticks with spearmint leaves stuck on with icing.. the little "tiki" men are these weird liquorice baby things that are actually quite disturbing.. and I found the hula cake toppers at Michael's craft store..
whee!!

T

Great cake! I love it! The little people should be screaming in terror and running away though....

D

that's fantastic! the edible palm trees are nifty!

did you use 3 layer cakes, and build it up into volcano form?

looks tasty!

That's really neat VR!

I've always wanted to do one of those red velvet cakes, such the perfect idea!

Thanks for posting the pics, I love this kind of stuff.

PLT

On 2005-08-08 06:44, tikifish wrote:
Great cake! I love it! The little people should be screaming in terror and running away though....

....only to be devoured by hungry giants...sucks to be a cake decoration!
I love the geologically correct interior (I'll bet it's the best lava you'll ever eat!!)
Looks great!

[ Edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2005-08-08 16:19 ]

R

Wow , She has beauty , she has tattoos and she bakes. VR your too much. Great job .

On 2005-08-08 09:08, dogbytes wrote:
that's fantastic! the edible palm trees are nifty!

did you use 3 layer cakes, and build it up into volcano form?

looks tasty!

Thanks everyone! I thought you guys would get a kick out of it..

yes.. I made it using one 8 inch round cake and two 5 (?) inch round cakes.. then stacked them.. I could have also probably used one of the bowl cake pans.. to make the top part.. I carved the top cake a little so it was more "rock like" and added some of the cut off pieces to the outer sides to make it look a little less symmetrical.. I think the edible palm trees were my favourite part.. (though I'm not terribly keen on spearmint leaves.. the trunks were tasty..)

and.. as much as I would have loved to make the girls run screaming in terror away from the lava.. they seem to be stuck in perpetual hula mode.. so I just envisioned them performing a ritual hula to try and appease the angry volcano gods.. (they weren't too successful)

:wink:

Pages: 1 6 replies