Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

2nd Issue of Tiki Magazine

Pages: 1 2 58 replies

N

The 2nd Issue of Tiki Magazine has been shipped to all subscribers and advertisers. It is also all over SoCal in Tiki related shops, bars and restaurants. I'm going to be shipping to other parts of the U.S. and internationally all this week. The new issue features an outstanding cover by Miles Thompson, a feature on Ray Buhen of the Tiki Ti by Jeff "Beachbum" Berry and many other interesting articles. I hope everyone likes it.

Nicktiki

On 2005-08-08 18:39, nicktiki wrote:
feature on Ray Buhen of the Tiki Ti

A very good idea. I always wish I had time to chat, but I never get there early enough (or stay late enough), and, of course, there always are others seeking his attention.

P
PEDDRO posted on Mon, Aug 8, 2005 8:14 PM

Looking forward to seeing it.

J

Can't wait until it arrives in my mailbox:) The first issue was awesome!

V

Can't wait also...N°1 was excellent

woo hoo!!! cant wait!

Bring it !!!!

yippee!!!

I can't wait for it to make its long journey to Canada, into my ever-lovin' arms.

any details on the tiki mag event at the Bali Hai yet? Is that still happening on August 13th?

N

Unfortunately, we won't be able to have an event at the Bali Hai on Aug. 13th. I wish we could. Maybe for issue 3.

K
Kono posted on Fri, Aug 12, 2005 6:12 PM

Well I think I may have screwed myself. I moved and didn't give you my change of address. Do you sell individual issues? If I don't get it by Wednesday I'd like to buy another copy.

Thanks Nick. The mailing envelope this time around was a nice touch. My copy arrived safe & sound, unmolested by human hands or prying eyes (and of course the substance is top notch quality as well). Good show!

Yay! I got my copy today!

[ Edited by: suburbanpagan 2005-08-16 22:20 ]

just realised that editing a post does not bump it and I wanted everyone to know that I got my mag and I love it! :)

just realised that editing a post does not bump it and I wanted everyone to know that I got my mag and I love it! :)

H

still waiting...:(

T

Got mine over the weekend.... Nice job! Especially the decision to mail in an envelope now.... (I still need my issue one without the ginormous sticker!)

The best article: Beachbum Berry's history of the Tiki Ti. Great photos, really fun & interesting information....

I'd love to see something similar (probably over several issues) on Oceanic Arts!

M

Got mine over the weekend as well. Great job you guys are doing. It's also a blast to see so many TC'ers in there!

DZ

Someone left one behind at my party, but I'm still waitin' for my subscription copy...

I just wanted to congratulate Nicktiki on another great job!! I got my second issue the other day and I love it. Nick your magazine is hands down the best of all Tiki Magazines. Keep up the great work!!!
Love,
Spermy

P.S. It was nice chatting with you, Jonpaul and Marie at the Tiki Beach Festival.

T

I second that. Tiki Magazine is awesome. Great text and art -- and that's just the advertisements! The articles are even better.

I liked the envelope too -- a nice touch. I'm saving it for some as yet undetermined future use. (Hey, it could be valuable some day.)

I received mine a couple days ago too. On page 9 my eye went immediately to the figure in the cartoon saying "Done!" I said to myself, "hey that's Bamboo Ben". Then I ,looked up and saw the name. Really, thanks for the laugh Ernie. Looks just like him.

On 2005-08-21 18:38, Jungle Trader wrote:
I received mine a couple days ago too. On page 9 my eye went immediately to the figure in the cartoon saying "Done!" I said to myself, "hey that's Bamboo Ben". Then I ,looked up and saw the name. Really, thanks for the laugh Ernie. Looks just like him.

JT-

Ernie rocks!

Doh!!!

Mmmmmm. Beeeeeer!

Picked up my issue today at the LBC Tiki Fest, from Nic and son( son sticking pen in Nics nose, classic!). Smoking Minis rocked! Guest star Crazy Al rocked on the nuts! The jabs/ jokes between songs rocked!!! Tiki Bong where are you??!! Post dude!!! All the vendors rocked!!! Did Ernie ever make it?? He was at the BB Store when we were leaving the LBC. Hope so. Ernie Rocks! Everyone rocks! Rock on!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Got mine today and can't put it down. (It's damn hard to type with one hand...but some of you may be pretty good at that!)

I REALLY appreciated that it was sent in a neat envelope, preventing my mail carrier from glancing through it before I got to do so. That was great!

Issue #2 is absolutely TOP KNOTCH, as was the first. This is one subscription that I am not sorry I purchased. Seriously.

Enough brown-nosing...back to reading!

In issue #3 I hope to see a kick ass article about the Hot Rod Hula Hop in Columbus over this past weekend! Thanks again!

Apparently, the Calitikifornia Mail Department sucks!
(You better hope no TCer works for them Unga)

K

Got mine today...what an awesome mag. I'll probably finish reading it by nightfall. Love the Miles Thompson cover art!

I like the advertising from coast to coast - hopefully it will keep the magazine in business.

I also never knew there were so many tiki carvers!

Regarding the Vegas Tiki Magician, while I appreciate stopping by Ava in the Mirage for a Mai Tai, the article seemed to miss that the Stardutst Tiki was now at Sunset Park.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=755&forum=1&hilite=Sunset%20Park%20Vegas
(courtesy of aquarj)

It also seemed to omit that there are Bosko Tikis and mugs at TI's Kahunnaville.

P

Tiki magazine #2 has arrived in Australia!! I'll start shooting them out to the few diehards over here over the weekend. Great issue again Nick. Thanks.

TT

AHHH! I still wait in Minnesota.

J

Received mine this weekend... I was actually surprised at how quick I got it and was purposely avoiding this thread so I wouldn't get my hopes up. The magazine looks fantastic!

TT

Just got it. The cover is really groovy.

T

Just got it!!!! Now I can start the Great Tiki Treasure hunt!! :)

and I the only subscriber who hasn't received the second
issue? Wisconsin is a long way from california...but
not all that far from Minnesota and it's almost a week
after Minnesotans received theirs...whats up?

Alright now I can start the great Tiki Hunt!!!!!....hmmmmm It's over? shooot! Tiki hunt 2 coming? East Coast style?

The suspense is killing me!

I'm convinced that my mailman has adopted my copy of the second issue and solved the treasure hunt! If I catch him swanning about with a Tiki Farm prize, I'm going to demand that he has to wear a hibiscus on his hat!

Havent received mine yet, anyone in the UK / europe got theirs?

Still waiting in NJ. I guess the East Coast gets some slow love.

-g-

Don't worry... still waiting in Northern California too! But, waiting patiently.

I just wish they would have mentioned that they could
not send this magazine to Wisconsin!

N

First of all,

My apologies that the current issue of Tiki Magazine has not been received by some of our subscribers. I'm just as upset as you are. Probably more. I update the data base daily and when new subscribers subscribe I try to get them out in a few days at the most. If you are a subscriber and not received your magazine yet, please email me with your name and address and I'll send them out immediately. I trust all of the TC Ohana to be honest. When you do (finally) get your other issue consider it a gift. I'm trying to provide a quality magazine that people will like. Try to remember before you rake me over the coals on Tiki Central, I have a full time job in addition to doing this, a wife (who is very understanding of the long hours) and a 15 month old son. This is not a money making venture yet, regardless of what some of you might think. It would be very easy for me to just say, "I quit." I'm not asking you to cry for me but cut me a little slack. If you have a problem email me directly and I'll do my best to resolve it.

Nick

No worries. I'm in Canada and mail tends to take it's time.

I run a mail order department - I know all about how slow it can be! I'll give it another couple of weeks.

D

Nick don't worry, this is only the second issue of a brand new magazine for goodness sakes, it's gonna take time to get kinks worked out. Your doing a great job! Chill people! Chill! If people are having problems with their subscription they should take proper actions through the proper channels (like call the magazine and talk to the subscriptions department) to get it resolved. No different than any other magazine subscription. Remember good things come to those who wait.

[ Edited by: DawnTiki 2005-08-31 17:27 ]

oops...not trying to get on anyones case...i'll wait....

C

it's here and I love it...great job Nick. Hope you
don't think I'm a dick...I was just getting anxious
cuz of my motorcycle injuries...I can't do anything
else.

N

Congatiki,

I don't think you're a dick, there's no hard feelings from this side. I just felt the need to let TCers know what my situation is. Its hard when you're busting ass working two jobs and have no control over the speed of the USPS. No worries though, I have nothing but love for the TC Ohana.

Nick

UB

Hey Nick!
Great job on vol. 2.
Keep it up!

Another outstanding issue. I've cruised through it once and will sit and really give it a going over while on a train trip this week.

Great job! Can't wait to see the next issue.

N

For those of you heading to the San Diego Pacific Islander Festival, Tiki Magazine will be available at Nana's Hut's booth. They sell some really cool Hawaiiana. I'm going to be at the festival on Sunday. I hope to see some of the TC Ohana there.

Nicktiki

Pages: 1 2 58 replies