Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

International Tiki Day 2005 - Houston, TX

Pages: 1 8 replies

Calling all Houstonians (and other Texans):

You are all cordially invited to a pretty last-dang-minute International Tiki Day / Housewarming Party at my new home in The Heights, this Saturday, natch, at 7:00. I've sent out an Evite to those of you Houston folk whose addresses I have, but anyone else who wants to/can come, please email me for details.

And I need a current phone number for any attenders of the California ITD celebration so we can have our annual satellite link-up. Y'all email me too!

Is "the Heights" Houstonian for "Above Sea Level"?

A whopping 23 feet above downtown, thankyouverymuch!

It means we don't flood quite as horribly as many other areas.

I've got my California phone numbers for the Great Satellite Link-up - thanks!

Any other Texans doing anything for ITD?

K

Any other Texans doing anything for ITD?

I'm going to dust off my mug shelf.

Just wanted to thank Formikahini for a great time at her shindig last weekend! Got to see her amazing collection of mugs and more! Her new place and home tiki bar are coming along nicely too!

Wish more Texas Tikiphiles would have represented. Those who did not show missed out on a wild night of no-holes-barred hedonistic jungle lovin'!!!

J.J., stimulating conversation flowed like the great cocktails (and music) provided by our lovely hostess.

LOL,
Don D' Ablo
(formerly Robotparts)

K

Wish more Texas Tikiphiles would have represented. Those who did not show missed out on a wild night of no-holes-barred hedonistic jungle lovin'!!!

Wow, now I'm really regretting not going! This was the weekend before the kids started school so I stayed plenty busy. Maybe if Formikahini has another get together next year I can make the trip. Right now I'm saving my "time away from home" for the Hukilau in October. Any other Texans making the trip?

On 2005-08-19 13:48, Juno wrote:

Right now I'm saving my "time away from home" for the Hukilau in October. Any other Texans making the trip?

Saving my money to go to Hawaii later this year but when I finish my home tiki bar I will have a big luau that you are welcome to attend and for sure our friend Formikahini will be there and hopefully every other Texas tikiphile too!

Don D' Ablo from Houston

[ Edited by: Don D'Ablo 2005-08-22 13:44 ]

Hello tiki Houstonians^^

Can you add me and my brother to the evite list for Houston events? :D:D

David Z(me) - [email protected]
Chris - [email protected]

Pages: 1 8 replies