Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

8/25 Last Thursday Get-together at Emeryville Trader Vic/ Oakland Conga Lounge

Pages: 1 8 replies

Thursday night 8/25.

No live bands.
No raffles.
No costume contest.

Just great tiki drinks, great tiki food, great tiki company, and great tiki decor to admire!

7ish to 9:30ish at Emeryville's Trader Vics.
9:30ish to closing at Oakland's Conga Lounge.

Details to follow regarding any discounts on food and drink that Bruce/Otto or myself can arrange with Trader Vics/Conga Lounge, respectively.

Update/reminder for this Thursday's get together:

Conga Lounge has generously offered a discount on their signature drink the "Gilligan’s Island" (Coconut rum, Banana liquor, cranberry and Pineapple juices) for TC members who show up this Thursday night.
ALSO - $2 off ANY of their fabulous and tasty appetizers!
See:
http://congalounge.com/food.html

There is no confirmation yet regarding any discount at Trader Vic's. Bruce, if you have negotiated anything or would like me to contact TV's myself, please let me know~

See you all Thursday!

M

Otto and I are working on it. Vic's was contacted last Friday but haven't responded yet.

On 2005-08-22 14:51, mrsmiley wrote:
Otto and I are working on it. Vic's was contacted last Friday but haven't responded yet.

Thanks Bruce!

I just got confirmation from Trader Vics that the same area in the bar as last time is reserved for 15-20 people, and the discounted drink for Thursday will be:

Dr. Funk.

A BIG Mahalos to Bruce and Otto for the coordination of that arrangement!

See you all there!

crap! one of my favorite drinks too! i wish we could make it but cleen went back to work this week and she is still adjusting to the work schedule. maybe next month.

Scott, if I could, I'd bring you one to go lol.

See you all tonight!

S

Wow, I wish I had known about this sooner! I will try and make it next month!

xo
Suzanne

Pages: 1 8 replies