Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Stars under members names?

Pages: 1 22 replies

T

I was going to just ask Hanford this question privately but I figure other people may be wondering as well.

What do the stars under member's names mean, and why are some green and some gold?

The Stars Represent Grand Membership Status.
Gold is for your first year, green for your second, I believe.

T

On 2005-08-10 15:49, Tikiwahine wrote:
The Stars Represent Grand Membership Status.
Gold is for your first year, green for your second, I believe.

Well, I'm in my second year and my star is gold.

Maybe you were naughty? :wink:
Just kiddin' jab, looks like we need Hanford to come to the rescue!

W

The whole tale is here:

Oooh- Green!

There was no e-mail warning for me, and that may have happened to others. I didn't like the star anyway, so I gave at the office,.

What color is your "star" (ooh!) if you pay for Grand Member, but then f(#K up, like in high school, and get it yanked?

D

No green stars upon thars? WWJD?

T

I thought that with the title and the openning of the first sentence that this post was going to ask if any famous "stars" were under TC member names. You have to wonder like I do, if there are any famous Hollywood tiki people. If I was rich and famous I would have a cool collection of mugs.

On 2005-08-10 19:11, Tiki_Bong wrote:
What color is your "star" (ooh!) if you pay for Grand Member, but then f(#K up, like in high school, and get it yanked?

That's funny he said "get it yanked"

H

Yankee Doodle Dandy

Ooops, wrong thread, sorry.

[ Edited by: Hakalugi 2005-08-10 20:25 ]

I too thought the same thing teaKey as I have often wondered if any celebs were on here posting away. I wouldn't be surprised if Chef Alton Brown, at least reads this.

But what colour is the third years membership going to be?

T

I too figure some Hollywood folks must have mug collections. Or maybe they just get their assistants to buy them on Ebay? So if any of you famous people out there want to pay ridiculous prices for tiki mugs, I have some Leilani's with your name on them! Except Tom Cruis. I won't sell to Tom Cruise.

DZ

I'll bet Matthew Broderick is a TCer - check out this shot:

On 2005-08-11 04:08, atomictonytiki wrote:

Ultraviolet.

I was thinking purple myself, go PURPLE! Or blue, blue is good too!

T

I'd rather get it yanked then get a gold star! But not by Hanford. :wink:

"...Now, the Star-Belly Sneetches had bellies with stars.
The Plain-Belly Sneetches had none upon thars.
Those stars weren't so big.
They were really so small you might think such a thing wouldn't matter at all.
But, because they had stars, all the Star-Belly Sneetches would brag, 'We're the best kind of Sneetch on the beaches.'
With their snoots in the air, they would sniff and they'd snort, ' We'll have nothing to do with the Plain-Belly sort!'
And whenever they met some, when they were out walking, they'd hike right on past them without even talking..."

The Sneetches

Aloha, DawnTiki!

Hi all,

sorry it took me so long to reply to this. I had chose to not use the internet for the last three days.

Indeed, stars indicate Grand Member status. Green for 2 year, Yellow for 1.

The system applies a green star to your name if you renew and already have a yellow star. If you feel you should have a green star but don't, just PM me and Include your real name & PayPal email address and I'll correct it!

Thanks for continuing to support Tiki Central!

On 2005-08-11 09:06, freddiefreelance wrote:

On 2005-08-11 04:08, atomictonytiki wrote:

Ultraviolet.

Ultraviolet or Ultraviolence???

.........just singing, singing, in the rain.

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2005-08-13 07:16 ]

On 2005-08-11 20:33, christiki295 wrote:
"...Now, the Star-Belly Sneetches had bellies with stars.
The Plain-Belly Sneetches had none upon thars.
Those stars weren't so big.
They were really so small you might think such a thing wouldn't matter at all.
But, because they had stars, all the Star-Belly Sneetches would brag, 'We're the best kind of Sneetch on the beaches.'
With their snoots in the air, they would sniff and they'd snort, ' We'll have nothing to do with the Plain-Belly sort!'
And whenever they met some, when they were out walking, they'd hike right on past them without even talking..."

The Sneetches

Aloha, DawnTiki!

The Blue-Bellied Sneetches would be proud!

On 2005-08-10 20:15, teaKEY wrote:
I thought that with the title and the openning of the first sentence that this post was going to ask if any famous "stars" were under TC member names. You have to wonder like I do, if there are any famous Hollywood tiki people. If I was rich and famous I would have a cool collection of mugs.

I'm rich and famous in my own mind does that count ?

Pages: 1 22 replies