Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Deke Dickerson at The Derby in Los Feliz

Pages: 1 7 replies

S

Not TOTALLY Tiki, I realize...but I think there is some overlap in the crowds...

Hey you groovy people, this Friday August 12th, we got five DJ's working the dancefloor this month, in addition to our fabulous psychedelic lightshow, go-go girls
AND
the incredible Deke Dickerson's All Star Garage Frat Rock Surf Band

PLUS Our Guest DJS The Groovin Cuban - Toningo (Switched) and Marco and The Midnight Cowboy, groovin in from NC to drop some seriously funky soundz to shake ya booty to.

A little about Deke Dickerson (from tennystreet.com):
Deke Dickerson is one of the most versatile and talented artists in roots music today. Far more than just a rockabilly revivalist, he pushes the envelope by expertly drawing from virtually every 20th-century musical genre: country, rhythm and blues, western swing, rockabilly, surf instrumentals, ghostly ballads, and pedal-to-the-metal rock 'n' roll.

I was turned on to Deke by my guitarist Spike. Got a tape of Deke at the Doll Hut here in OC. The man smokes!

Deke rules! This cat can really play, sing and write a song. If he's in your area, CHECK IT OUT!

JG
http://www.whollycatsband.com

T

This isn't just a regular Deke Dickerson show. Nor is it a Dave and Deke Combo show (who recently played at the Derby for the first LA show in 8 years). No, this is the Deke Dickerson's All Star Frat Band, featuring members of the Phantom Surfers, Saturn V, Sprague Brothers, and others! If you caught them at 4AM at the last Las Vegas Rockaround you know this will be a show to see!

See you there!

T

Here's a flyer that Naomi (aquarj's wife) designed for the show:

I was wondering why someone posted a Satisfaction flyer before The Jab did.

M

On 2005-08-10 19:17, Tiki_Bong wrote:
I was turned on to Deke by my guitarist Spike. The man smokes!

Bong, you get turned on by a man that smokes!!?!?!? You are a pervert!!!! :)

T

Here's the band lineup:

Deke Dickerson, guitar/vocals (Untamed Youth, Dave Deke Combo)
Garrett Immel, guitar (the Ghastly ones, Venturesmania)
Johnny Bartlett, sax (Phantom Surfers, Saturn V, Barbary
Coasters)
Chris Barfield (the Go-Nuts, Huntington Cads, Finks)
Chris Sprague (the Go-Nuts, Sprague Brothers)

Pages: 1 7 replies