Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Seduced by a bottle....

Pages: 1 3 replies

N

I've had my eye on this cool looking Rum at my local liquor store for quite some time....

It's Bamboo!! And it's called Jolly Rodger, with a cool Skull and Crossbones on the label, plus it says it's 10 y.o. Jamaican Rum. Being a sucker for anything Bamboo OR Pirate-related, it's a wonder I was able to resist for so long.

Anyway, I bought it yesterday, and while it looks cool, this stuff is AWFUL!! I don't know how it could possibly be what it says it is. Granted, it's not incredibly harsh, but I swear there's this really sweet aftertaste that reminds me of either Bubblegum, or kids' toothpaste. It's miserable, and it cost me twenty bucks. =(

Anyone else ever get sucked in by this bottle? Any suggestions to try it with? I tried it in a Mai Tai, and it was just about undrinkable. At least I have the decanter, I guess...if I can manage to choke the rum down, I can rinse and refill it, I suppose.

Scott

[ Edited by: new2tiki 2005-08-10 19:09 ]

H
hewey posted on Wed, Aug 10, 2005 8:38 PM

Cool bottle. I would have bought it too. Maybe its 10 yr old because noone would drink it?

H

On 2005-08-10 19:09, new2tiki wrote:
At least I have the decanter, I guess...if I can manage to choke the rum down, I can rinse and refill it, I suppose.

Ha! Of course just dumping out the rum to reuse the decanter is not an option. I suppose bad rum is better than no rum.

H
hypr posted on Wed, Aug 10, 2005 8:52 PM

The best way to get rid of it is to make a big rum punch bowl at the next party you attend.

Pages: 1 3 replies