Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki mugs listed on ebay

Pages: 1 21 replies

T

I've listed a few mugs on ebay... a Shag 2nd ed. Tunga-Toa, & a Don the Beachcomber head mug. There's also a Mobana monkey decanter too. Check 'em out here:

Trader Pup's Auction Listings

Thanks for putting up with my shameless ebay plug!

:tiki:

M

Don Beachcmber...OH!, one mug on my "I ain't got, nor am I gonna get" list. Pup...you had a dupe of this? Lucky...

Well, it's on my watchlist...and in 'bout a week, my "I got outbid" list. Tres cool, beats the heck out of my "brown luau hut" mugs.

midnite

Who made the Don the Beachcomber mug you have up for auction?

T

There aren't any production marks or stickers on the mug... maybe someone else here knows more about this piece?

T

What? Its just a monkey stroking his banana.....

Its just a monkey stroking his banana.....

or
Purple Headed warrior
One Eyed Monster
Mushroom Tip

Waaahhh.....

Another eBayer refusing to sell to us foreign folk! You're missing out on the $$$, Pup....our money is good!

Can I point out to all who don't ship overseas that it's incredibly easy to do so. Sticking on an airmail sticker takes half a second; the customs form takes 10. If someone wants it shipped surface, you don't even have to bother with the airmail sticker. You get your money in $$ via Paypal, and everyone's laughing.

Trader Woody

I've had some difficulties with some international bidders in the past, so I usually list items with US shipping only.

I'd be happy to honor any Tiki Central member bids, regardless of shipping destination. I put some faith in my fellow Tc'ers.

So feel free to bid! (I'm assuming ebay won't have a restriction on your bid based on my shipping preferences)

Okay, Woody! This is the part where you feel guilted into placing a bid now! :D

We'll see!

Trader Woody

F

Is that a real beachcomber head, or one of the repros?

T

The only repro I'm aware of thats close is the Beachbum Berry mug offered by Bosko done in a similar style... the one I'm offering says Don the Beachcomber around the base.

If there's a company making repros, please let me know about them.

T

Trader,

Why are you selling your Don mug? Did you have 2? I put my 2 cents on it. We'll see what happens.

T

Well, Bong--

I blame you and Al for my mug liquidation sale.... seems you guys FORCED me to go to Oceanic Arts... and now I have a evil, dirty habit I have to support somehow... the creation of my Tiki lounge! Turning a messy, packrat garage into a poolside tropical paradise will take a few $$.

Besides, I always found the Beachcomber mug a bit of an oddball in my collection. Ya gotta collect what you love, otherwise, it all seems kinda pointless!

Trader Pup,

Speaking of which, how did the lamp from OA turn out?

Trader Pup,

I've already been outbid on the Don bust mug by someone from Texas (who are our members from TX that would outbid a fellow TC member ?)

That's OK because at the last minute I'm going to bid $75 (or more or not?) that way when they read this message they'll bid > $75 and my good friend Trader will come out ahead!

Aloha from the professional Shill ...

H

I'm considering that phallic monkey decanter -- I need something to offset all the topless hula chicks in the bar! Gecko's Tangaroa plaque is helping a lot in that regard, tho. :)

T

Shipping internationally is easy, I agree! It's getting the money that's hard!!What kind of trouble do you have with international bidders?

My problem? I get all you americans sending me American money orders that I can't cash... ones that say 'CASHABLE ONLY IN THE US AND IT'S POSSESSIONS' on the front. Literally.

There's a joke in there somewhere, I'll leave it to one of you witty people to make it!

Final chance to place a winning bid on these mugs is fast approaching! Ending tomorrow eve! bid now. Bid Now! BID NOW!

:D

Trader Pup's auction listings

Okay, this will be my final shameless ebay promo, for these auctions anyway! Bid now! only a few hours left! :D

H

Argh! Didn't get the monkey decanter. If it's any consolation, traderpup, I'm responsible for bumping beastgrl up to fifteen smackeroos!

And if beastgrl is a tc'er in disguise, I'm sorry.

Traderpup...you did really well on the Beachcomber mug, especially considering that you did not know its origin and it wasn't in mint condition. Congrats!
I think that monkey decanter is very cool and extremely phallic piece and you could have gotten more money for it.

Pages: 1 21 replies