Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tapa Prints for sale?

Pages: 1 28 replies

K

How

i have a couple of prints of "Tapa" here...if anyone is interested in picking one up they are $250 and they are the best quality repros that earth clams can buy! this is an edition of 50 and they aren't going to be around at this time next year...these are so big you could use it as a cal king bedsheet!

if you are interested in owning one please drop me an email...i don't check personal messages

one gargantuan mahalo

Miles
http://www.kooch-e-koo.com/GALLERY/HTML/tapa.html

http://www.kooch-e-koo.com

[ Edited by: kooche 2005-08-11 14:56 ]

K

LP cover concept sketch

S

Tapa rules!

K

Scott!

... Tapa is about to sell out!

let's hook up at the tiki braski!

aloha brada kinda shaka snoopa

K
kooche posted on Thu, Sep 1, 2005 5:11 PM

Those are pretty good paintings miles.

K

yeah, i know...thanks so much

Hey Miles,

Are most of your paintings watercolor on paper, or do you do other mediums such as canvas or board?

Thanks,

K
kooche posted on Fri, Sep 2, 2005 9:17 AM

these are gouahce on watercolor paper...most of the illustration style stuff i paint is done in this medium but recently i have been thinning inks/dyes with a lot of water and painting with that...then i'll do the foreground element with something more opaque...guoache

i mess around with oil and there is no mistaking the difference between the two...i love it all

thanks for your interest

K

"there's no tiki in there..."

K

S

You rule!

MG

SWANKY SICK!!!

T

I will forgive you for no tikis in the paintings because of that hot honey laying on the floor.

I know that you said that you are taking a break from tiki, but if you want to do a quick exercise in south sea so not to get rusty, you can send them my way. :) :)

-teakey

ps. I got a chance to do some clay and will probably be doing some TC artist type mugs and I got you on the list. I will keep you updated to what happens.

K

thanks y'all!

i think it came out OK - holding a copy of the finished CD will be totally gratifying!

goodnight!

K

11 more @ Roq La Rue December

K
kooche posted on Wed, Oct 5, 2005 6:21 PM

B

Man I would Sure LOVE to be listening to some of that muzik in some of those piwces. That guitarisr has to be Farrr out.
Nice to see your stuff here Miles. Excellent work

Miles your paintings are just amazing!!! When I am at the Tiki Ti I swear I could stare at those paintings for hours.
And your Latest is so cool, too. I am in love with the dancing girl!! But who wouldn't be?? Also, like the flames commin outta that hat!!! Good Job man!!!
Later,
Spermy

K
kooche posted on Thu, Oct 6, 2005 9:11 AM

many thanks!

this is a record cover for Grant Giessman who is a seesion guitarist/composer/producer that has done a lot of great work with people i respect the hell out of such as brian wilson and van dyke parks...many others...

rumor has it on Nov 5th at La Luz de Jesus Gallery on Sunset Blvd there is going to be a book signing as well as an art exhibit including new art from Shag, Dave Burke, Tiki tony, Crazy Al, Stuckie/Munktiki, Jeffrey
Vallance, Davey, Ewik, Bosko, and myself...

see you there and then tiki fans!

S

Miles-
Killer stuff as always, have to see if we can make up to La luz, and the conveniently close Tiki Ti in Nov.

Looking forward to the Roq La Rue show.

Keep painting bro...

K
kooche posted on Sun, Oct 9, 2005 5:41 PM

thanks!

for the La Luz book signing i'll post the new tiki art here...i'm going to have 2 pieces in the show...one oil...one gouache...

rocks and rolls!

H
hewey posted on Mon, Oct 10, 2005 5:25 PM

Cool art

K

Miles, I can't tell you how much I love your work! I love this one! Last time I was down in LA, I ran into the CoproNason Gallery at Bergamot Station just before they closed to see your last exhibit there. Wish I had gotten there earlier so I could have spent more time looking... I'm going to try to get back down there to see this group show...

K

thanks so much! it's nice to hear that someone would go WAAAY out of their way for a show with my work in it...i'm going to have 2 pieces in this show...one big gouache piece that is almost done...2X4ft and another piece in oil which is 8X10" that i started today...

i hope you can make it out to the show! thanks again so much for your kind support...

aloha!

T

Ouch! The ripped out heart that is.

Milo, how the hell ya been? Call a boy sometime. Chi chis?

K

Diablo!

sh*t man i have been illin for about 3 weeks now...nothin' too bad but since i got off a plane from NY city i have felt like my back is going to snap and my head is going to dry up and crack...made it to tiki one night when i thought i was mended...next day was lying twisted on the floor in my walking shoes looking at the clock upsidedown on the wall...

no chichis...not until i kill this funky bug!

how the F you been brother? hey i want to talk to you about a SERIOUS frame...something small...but VERY difficult...i don 't have a single damn tiki piece in my house and now that i am in my new studio space that is going to CHANGE - i'm going to paint something for my wall and if i'm going to hang it i want it in one of your frames...8X10" ... can you dig it?

we'll do a trade???

Pages: 1 28 replies