Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

What's your favorite tiki item?

Pages: 1 8 replies

After telling everyone about my hat, I wondered about everyone else's favorite tiki item in their collection.

Do you like it because it's rare, or associated with a particular place or time?

Was it the first tiki item you got, or was it the "holy grail" that were seeking for years?

If you could only keep one thing from your tiki collection, what would it be?

Ookoo Lady:

I love Trader Vic's and am starting to acquire a nice collection. I have the kneeling hula girls Scorpion Bowl. it is so kitschy and cool, and in great shape. not only is it the most dear piece I own, but I love its composition.

My second favorite piece is a ceramic yellow chafing dish with the Senor Pico face. We put candles in it, and the glow and whimsy is priceless. Although, not tiki per se, i love the cheese factor of Trader Vic's Senor Pico Mexican restaurants and have a decent collection of their mugs, as well.

By the way, model your hat for us with a photo. that would be cool.

Before the Revolution, the per capita consumption of RUM in the Colonies was 3.7 gallons PER person. We have become a Neo-temperant nation of wimps and quitters! We must rise, Tiki Nation, and raise our ceramic mugs in resistance to teatotaling!

[ Edited by: Rum Numb Davey 2005-08-11 15:16 ]

8T

Good topic ookoo lady.

For me it was an easy answer. He's the biggest, first and best item we have. Created by Oceanic Arts for the Kona Kai Kansas City.

J

Here's mine...

:wink:

On 2005-08-11 15:15, Rum Numb Davey wrote:
By the way, model your hat for us with a photo. that would be cool.

Here you go! (From Dr. Z’s 4th Annual Castaway Lounge Summer Spectacular)

On 2005-08-11 15:21, 8FT Tiki wrote:
He's the biggest, first and best item we have

Wow! Awesome!

On 2005-08-11 16:27, johntiki wrote:
Here's mine...

Thanks John. I’m glad you still like it!

[ Edited by: ookoo lady 2005-08-12 05:50 ]

Now that is one helluva hat, Ookoo Lady...You are ready for Churchill Downs, Ascot, Paris Runways, or a dingy dark tiki bar near you.

i have a few that are favorites , like my the first carving I did. This has to be at the top of the list

H

Mine is Rodeo's first carved tiki. By the way can I have it????

[ Edited by: hiltiki 2005-08-12 17:01 ]

B

On 2005-08-12 12:15, rodeotiki wrote:
i have a few that are favorites , like my the first carving I did. This has to be at the top of the list

Very nice Witco tiki! We have the same one, but had never seen another like it. Glad to know another is out there and cherished as well.
-Duke

Pages: 1 8 replies