Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Benzart's cataract surgery

Pages: 1 32 replies

B

I had the cataract surgery today and it went fine except for the scar tissue where they had to make their cut. It would not close tight enough so they had to stitch it closed. The stitches feel like some one held my eye open and filled it with palm chips, Uggh. recovery time is about 2 weeks and it looks good.
Pictures, Before

After..........................

[ Edited by: Benzart 2005-08-11 18:32 ]

On 2005-08-11 18:24, Benzart wrote:
The stitches feel like some one held my eye open and filled it with palm chips, Uggh.

Geez, Ben. Thanks for conjuring up a permanent case of the willies for me.

Take it easy. Rest. Get well soon.

Kate

O

We're with Kate.....You could of just told us, you didn't need to gross us out. :lol:

Glad to hear all went well. How's the vision now?
Can you see me now....Can you see me now??

B

"I can see clearly now the pain is gone..." Not quite that good but vision is already better in that eye. I think I'l be very happy with it.
Sorry bout the pix

I have had a eye injury, i feel for ya Ben . Best wishes!

S

Hey Ben,

Just coming out of my own ordeal, I feel for you, man. I wish you a speedy recovery from the pain and hope you return to full vision. You need your eyes to continue those awesome carvings!

Thanks again for being there for me. I hope you know we are here for you.

D

i can barely put my contact lenses in without wincing.. argh those pix!! (i'm just happy you didn't have a bris!)

get well soon, CyclopsBen!

P

Why didn't you just carve yourself a new and better looking eye?

Ben-
You Rock!!! I hope you have a speedy recovery. Man you have had more surgery's in the past year. I hope you are all done after this!!
Later,
Scott

.........and to think his carvings were detailed before??? The shit is going to hit the fan when he cures!!! Enjoy your days of rest.

Master (of pain) Benzo, how does one get rid o the screw gun elbow(aka tennis elbow)?? Stupid brace ain't helping. Can't even lift my beer! Arrrrrrrrr. ( feels better when routing but I'm running out of wood!)

Keep healing Ben. Get well soon

All the Best Ben, get better soon

S

Ben, Glad to hear all went well. Hope you're 100% in no time.

T

I pray you never get hemerrhoids!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Oooh! Eeep! Where's the "Flinch" smilie?

That reminds me of the time I stuck myself in the eyeball with the end of a rusty rat-tail file while using it to disassemble a drycell battery! Thirty-plus years later and I still have vivid memories of them cleaning the puncture wound. Luckily exterior eyeball wounds heal without scarring, so you're beautiful eyes will be attracting admiration again soon, Ben!

wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery Benz!

My dad had his cataract's removed a few years back, but he so hates anesthetics he had them done while he was awake, nasty scary.

Get well soon Benz, we want to "see" you at Hukilau!

best wishes Ben and great pictures...glad you didn't have
a colonoscopy!

H

hahahahahahaha get well soon, we need more pictures please!

As one who loves the "surgery" shows, I applaude you for sharing the photos. I find the process just as fascinating as the recovery. I am awed by the things surgeons can do for people that wasn't possible less than 5 years ago. My Mom recently underwent the same surgery. She is back to 20/20 vision. Now if we could just do something about her hearing...

In the words of Tony Bennett, "The best is yet to come, and babe, won't it be fine..."

Cheers to a speedy recovery!

B

Wow, Thanks to everyone for the best wishes. I'm gonna survive fine on my own, but with you guys and gals behind me like this, I will have Plenty mana left over for the other eye. All I an say is Thanks to ALL you peeps.
Mahalo...
Benzart

Get well soon Benz!

H
hewey posted on Sat, Aug 13, 2005 1:12 AM

Hey Benz, get well soon mate. Hope you recover quick.

I got something in my eye once and had an alceated cornea. I went home from work, and my folks made me help them concreting! My depth perception was stuffed. So I wont say anything if the next tiki is a little funky :)

On 2005-08-12 05:41, tikifish wrote:
I pray you never get hemerrhoids!

Okay, thats funny, right there. Funny.

Ben, praying for a fast recovery and that it be pain free! Blessings to our beloved carver and huge hearted friend.

Remember to drink lots of mai tais!
Ummmm....I mean fluids.
Glad all is going well in your recovery Ben!

8T

Everyone wishes you a speedy recovery and ....
EYE concur!
:o

[ Edited by: 8FT Tiki 2005-08-13 11:01 ]

Bump
Hows the recovery going?

I just now happened across this. It's also worth mentioning that I just ate. Ben, you suck. Hope the recovery is going well. I need to go to the restroom now.......

[ Edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 06:55 ]

B

Thanks everyone. The recovery is going OK. Still have the stitches but hope to have them out this Friday when I see the Doc. He said he wanted them in as long as possible so I don't know what the plan is. I'm not working yet, but am very tempted. (shhh, don't tell Sherry I said that.) My eye still feels like there are wood chips in it which is very aggrivating. Soon it will be back to normal and I'll be glad I did this.
Thanks for all your love and support,
Ben

Pages: 1 32 replies