Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: 3 swag tiki lamps... 1 tapa, 1 blowfish, 1 bamboo... $1!

Pages: 1 12 replies

K

School's starting again! Need to buy some books for the classroom! All starting at $1!!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtikiQ5fteach

Mahaloooooooooooooooos!
Kahaka
aka Mr. Greenwood

[ Edited by: KAHAKA 2005-08-13 22:34 ]

K
Kono posted on Sat, Aug 13, 2005 2:52 PM

Say...what happened to the auctions??

On 2005-08-13 14:52, Kono wrote:

YEAH! What Kono said!

yeah..wha happened..I was bidding on the Blowfish!

FA

On 2005-08-13 14:52, Kono wrote:

Gotta say.......Ditto, I never even got a chance to get in on them.

wow...that response is not going to get a good reaction.

Ending auctions early....isn't that what "reserves and buy it now is for?

On 2005-08-13 21:35, KAHAKA wrote:
Sorry guys! I tried to delete the post after I ended them early. Someone offered me nice $ for all 3 items. Like I said, my classroom needs books, and with good old Arnie Schwarzenegger cutting funds for ed. left and right, I've been forced to new ebay extremes!

Hanford, can we get rid of this topic????

Hmmmm. You know had you let the auctions play out you most likely would have made much more money.

M

*Sorry guys! I tried to delete the post after I ended them early.

Hanford, can we get rid of this topic???? *

No, keep it. I like the topic, it's edu-mu-kationul.

On a related note, the withdrawal method really doesn't work very well, no matter what you've been told. In the end, you're still gonna get...

The check's in the mail, your car will be ready Tuesday, ...

midnite

K

You guys are right. Stone me, please. Forget the kids. What was I thinking?

K
Kono posted on Sun, Aug 14, 2005 7:51 AM

Just remember this Kahaka, they never offer you MORE than they think it would cost them to win the auctions the fair way. They do it to save money.

Was it an ebayer or TCer who made the offer?

Don't give us the money for the kids routine..and the political rant against Arnold. That DOG don't hunt!
What you did was tantamount to a direct violation to the by-laws and very spirit of what drives ebay.
You want to go "fishing" by using an AUCTION site, and break the rules and the trust of people who follow them.

I just was really angered by your explanation, and felt it pretty ridiculous. I will live without your puffer fish lamp, but I was willing to go to three digits for the purpose of obtaining it. Don't expect TCer's who get burned by this method to just eat your medicine without sugar.

Think about your actions and the vibe you portray. It comes across pretty seedy as a ethical practice.

I too was willing to go three digits on the puffer lamp.

Next time use "buy it now" if you want to do something like this. Always remember, karma's a bitch if you're on the wrong side.

Not to jump on the bandwagon, but whenever someone's explains in the listing why they're selling an item,
it leaves a bad taste in your mouth, even if they're telling the truth. Most end an auction early to avoid ebay fee's.

Pages: 1 12 replies