Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

New at Tiki-Tim's blog ....Paul Conrad-Exotic Paradise(1960)

Pages: 1 6 replies

I just added Paul Conrad-Exotic Paradise to my blog.Great album and hard to find in Stereo.I would also like to say thanks to everyone for the compliments on my blog.Here's a link to my blog... http://www.tikitim43.blogspot.com

K
Kono posted on Sun, Aug 14, 2005 5:06 PM

Sounds great! Thanks for this one. I've been looking for it for a while. It's a super clean rip as well. I'm listening to it over headphones and I really can't hear any surface noise at all (I'm up to track 4). It doesn't sound filtered either. Was this virgin vinyl?

J

Ah - I've been waiting for this one! Well worth the wait!

Thanks for this and all the other good music, Tiki Tim!

Stupid question.....

Is this the same Paul Conrad as the L.A. Times editorial cartoonist? He is also an accomplished pianist.

T

Hi all... I'm glad everyone likes this LP so far.Kono,this was a virgin LP but I did clean it up a little.There was some hum and a little surface noise.Plus track #1 started off funny.Sounds like they turned microphones on as soon as he hit the first chord.Thanks John & Urban for the kind comments.Cynfulcynner,I believe I also read somewhere on the internet last week that he was a cartoonist for the L.A.Times.Be looking for Tak Shindo's Mganga next week...

RB

Echoing other kudos...the sound quality is great, and I'm pretty damn picky!

Pages: 1 6 replies