Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The Moai Lounge (home bar)...As Seen on TV!

Pages: 1 2 3 102 replies

Hau...
The bridge came from these folks, was reasonably priced, quickly & inexpensively shipped, and pretty easy to assemble.
Not sure about the throw of my particular light (I had to deal with MAJOR space limitations), but this one would probably do the trick for ya! I'd suggest perusing the B&H Catalog...find an ellipsoidal light that'll work for you, then check Ebay for a better price.
I'm not familiar with Heywood Wakefield...but all of the furniture was cobbled together from a wide variety of sources...cast-offs from parents' friends'...Artwell's Bargain Center in Cambridge, MD...Target online...Island Rattan...varied antique/junk stores...etc.
Good luck with your space...post pics!
And I'll definitely give a shout next time we're on the left coast.

peace,
Scottiki

wow, deffinately looks roomier. Nice touch. :wink:

Worth another look.

T

I agree, the Moai Lounge is inspirational! I'm still in the planning stages of my home tiki bar-2 alternatives, a 13' x 15' basement room, that houses the laundry, furnace , sump pump (all closed off by closet doors), w/ access to the outside via a w/o door & a 14' x 16' sunroom, (sort of an enclosed,unheated porch) off the back of the house. They both have access to the yard, where I'm trying to develop a tropicalesque garden.

Scottiki, you & your wahine have developed an awesome space! Thanks for the great ideas & images & I hope you enjoy many a peaceful moment in your paradise...

[subliminal]new year's partyyyyy[/subliminal]

Just saw you guys on HGTV's "Look What I Did." AWWWWWEEEESOOOOOMMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!
Now I'm even more jealous than when I checked out the pics on TC! Everyone needs to see this show if they can! Now we have another problem though. If tiki is going mainstream, we'll have to find something else to do. HMMMM, I wonder if there's A Polka Central website. I can hang pierogis & kielbasa from the ceiling, pipe in some accordian music, yeah, that's the ticket! Seriously, awesome room. Hold your heads high & have a Zombie for me!

TT

It really looks great! I am working on my own Tiki sanctuary now and I am stealing lots of great ideas from your design.

Pages: 1 2 3 102 replies