Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Customized Pub Mirrors

Pages: 1 7 replies

M

I'm looking to get a customized pub mirror, and I've seen some around that have particular bar names on them and would like to get one suited specifically for my house.
Anyone know where such a service can be had?

Thanks much,

Mahalomo.

H
hewey posted on Sun, Aug 14, 2005 7:40 PM

Not sure what you mean by "pub mirror".

Our own frame guru monkey man could whittle up a cool mirror frame, and incorporate the name of your bar, Im sure.

If you want the name on the mirror itself, look at buying an off the shelf mirror, and getting a local sign mob to logo it up. Could get pricey, but would look way cool.

Call Quintessentials or billiards and barstools or some store like that... the'll probably be able to hook a brotha up.

call a graphic shop with a uv flatbed printer. they can coat your mirror / glass, then print directly to the face for a "custom" graphic... or have the same type of shop (or a sign shop), install cut vinyl to your mirror... or get some glass paint and get creative...

Thanks for the replies and sorry I wasn't more specific.

What I had in mind was those pub mirrors found often in Irish pubs - the type with stylized graphics and lettering right on the mirror itself. The ones I've seen more often are Guinness and Jameson, but I've seen lots of others as well.
I've been to a few pubs that have customized mirrors that look just like these but with their own bar names on them instead.
Part of my house is tiki, and part of it is what I call "pub style". I was hoping for a customized "O'Malley's Pub" mirror like this, and hopefully some of those suggestions will pay off. Or, I can just call around to all the O'Malley's Pubs in the country and see if they can hook me up I guess.

Thanks again

H
hewey posted on Mon, Aug 15, 2005 5:35 PM

Make sure you get some pics of it

I would get in touch with a sign shop or someone that does custom pinstripping ( like SamGambino) and see what they could do for you.

That's funny Mahalomo, My house is part TIKI part Pub as well (great minds...).I collect that kind of crap, pub mirrors and whatnot, and I have some of those mirrors of which you speak but they're not really personalized, I found them in thrift stores and antique shops. I'd love to see a photo of a fellow "TIKIPUBBER'S" house.

Pages: 1 7 replies