Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

I value your opinions, please help!!! (ATTN: GECKO)

Pages: 1 13 replies

I will be in O'ahu in Sept. The wahine and I will celebrating 8 wonderfull years of marriage. I would like to surprise her on our day by having a Haku, and Lei delivered to the hotel room. Does any one know of a great florist in Waikiki. GECKO maybe you can help?

Mahalo in advance

Ka Maka Koa Tiki

[ Edited by: ka maka koa tiki 2005-08-15 16:40 ]

H
hewey posted on Mon, Aug 15, 2005 5:08 PM

Congratulations dude!

There are some lei vendors out front of the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center on Kalakaua Ave. They usually have a very nice selection and I'm sure you could request something special a day ahead.
Where are are you staying? You could always ask the concierge at the hotel, especially the Royal or the Moana.
Aloha to you and the missus,
:tiki:

We are staying at the Kahala Madarin Oriental. I'll keep trying, the concierge is a way to go but they will only have one day to get it done. We arrive on Sept.5 and our aniversary is the 6th.

Mahalo

Congratulations!

The conceirge should be able to get it done.

I recommend a plumeria lei, as the fragrance is enchanting and they are lovely to behold.

However, you may wish to purchase the

Bride and Groom Wedding Leis Special
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage in Hawaii, the land of Aloha (love)! The Classic Wedding Lei Set will add the perfect final touches to your dream island wedding in paradise. These leis will look amazing with any attire, from bathing suits to tuxedo and bridal gown formal wear. It combines an elegant basic white dendrobium orchid lei for the bride and a handsome 6' Maile style braided ti lei entwined with white dendrobium orchid for the groom.

http://www.alohafriends.com/leihotel_serviceswedding.html

"We offer our deliveries exclusively to hotels and vacation condos in the Waikiki Area on the island of Oahu. The fresh leis and flowers are delivered in a reusable foam cooler with gel ice and is packed in a card board shipping box. This protective packaging allows for us to leave the fresh leis and flowers safely at the hotel or condo if the recipient is not in at the time of delivery and the fresh flower leis and accessories will remain fresh until the recipient is able to receive their delivery."

Hey there ka maka koa tiki,
Christiki is right... the bride and groom leis are quite nice.
The Madarin Oriental is plush! They should have no problem whatsoever getting you hooked up with the perfect anniversary suprise.
I took Mrs. Royale to the Madarin Oriental to swim with the dolphins for her birthday a couple of years ago... she loved it.
alopha,
:tiki:

FYI, were are celebrating our aniversary not getting married again! We did that last year!!!! The Wahine suprised me and had an entire Hawaiian style ceremony complete with Hawaiian priest and the wedding set leis. She had a Haku I had a Maile... I am taking out to dinner that night and I thought it would cool to have the leis again for our aniversary.

I'm sure you could contact the hotel concierge before your trip and arrange for the leis to be there upon arrival.

Well, I think for all the questions you ask here and for kind people to answer a rather dumb question, an "FYI" was rather rude.
I can't believe someone hasn't belted you with "call a frigin florist!"
Oh, I guess someone did.
Aloha and have a wonderful anniversary.
Ivy

How about Party City? They have all kinds of different leis. We had them at my birthday party last month.
Happy Birthday me, Yippie, Yippe!
They had some tiki things there, too and maybe you could just put them in a suitcase and take them with you so you have them and if you are in a hurry then you can just use them. I hope you have a fun time!

Aloha, Posion Ivy

Welcome and, yes, lighten up.

Mahalo, Chris.

Wow Ivy that was rude... In no way was I trying to be rude. If you read some of the posts they were talking about marriage. Thats it nothin more. This post was about finding a local place in Waikiki that some of the TC Ohana know about, There are lots of people on this site that know alot more about Hawaii than I do and I do value their opinions. Thanks for the comment Christiki!!!

Mahalo and Aloha

Ka maka Koa Tiki

PS: the Alohafriends website is perfect!

"FYI, were are celebrating our aniversary not getting married again! We did that last year!!!!"

But, you've been married eight.
Sorry to ruffle your Hanes. I just thought it rude of you to fire off an FYI about your man-hood in search of flowers.
And, no, I'm not rude, but thanks for thinking so. Please put this aside if you've read it wrong. It was not my intention.
XXXOOO
Ivy

BTW Christiki, I've seen your selection and it's absolutely stunning.

Whatever! Yes eight years, we renewed our vows last year......jeeeez.

Pages: 1 13 replies