Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Paul Wellers New Video... Anybody seen it yet?

Pages: 1 5 replies

I just saw it on VH1 Classic Current, and thought it was pretty damned good. I only hope the album doesn't fall into the patterns he's had with me for awhile. Namely having one reeally solid track on an album otherwise disposable music. And it pains me to say that. Wellers work in the Jam shone brilliantly when he was on stride. The few songs that he missed on, he missed pretty badly.

So anybody seen the video, or heard the tune?

Ooooh, I'm not down with you on that one TG. Weller's solo stuff really does it for me! It ain't the Jam but c'mon. Can't wait to see him at the Wiltern (L.A.) in September!!

I hear ya and respect ya! But I hope that the entire album is as strong as the track I saw. Hows that for tryimg to be positive? :wink:

M

Crossposted from the "Things You Like That Everyone Else Hates" thread:

The Style Council

Hehe, I have a lot of "rare" Style Council 12 inch singles and import version of the albums...

Yeah, I own pretty much everything the Style Council put out but they're a little, shall we say "light in the loafers"...not that there's anything wrong with that, it just kinda lacked the testosterone that my Neanderthal self enjoys. I really have to be in one of those moods to listen to them. You know what I'm talking about, when your wife is gone and you rifle through her panty drawer and try stuff on. That's when the Style Council really hits the spot!

Pages: 1 5 replies