Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Personality Test?

Pages: 1 19 replies

I remember somebody once said that people could be separated into two groups- those that loved Elvis, and those that loved the Beatles, and that preference could tell you a lot about a person (though they never said what it would tell you). Actually, I love both, but that's besides the point. It seems to me that there are other comparisons like that that could potentially tell a lot about a person, so I thought I would come up with a test where you would indicate your preference, and we could discuss what the results might say about a person (just for the fun of it):

1. Elvis or Beatles?

2. Ginger or Mary Ann?

3. Bugs Bunny or Road Runner?

4. James Dean or Marlon Brando?

5. Caddyshack or Animal House?

RD
  1. Beatles

2. Mary Ann

3. Road Runner

4. James Dean

5. Animal House

Now, what makes me tick?

-Joe

I think these were mentioned elsewhere on the board:

Munsters or Addams Family?
Flintstones or Jetsons?

J

Now I'm the exact opposite of Rum Demon...

1. Elvis
  2. Ginger
  3. Bugs Bunny
  4. Marlon Brando
  5. Caddyshack

...this could get interesting, I'm anxious to see if others vote directly down the line or if people tend to pick and choose.

Edited With PJ's additions...
6. Munsters
7. Flintstones

JohnTiki

Aloha from the enchanted Pi Yi Grotto in exotic Bel Air Maryland!

[ Edited by: johntiki 2005-08-17 09:14 ]

RD

Johntiki, you are my NEMESIS!!!

1. Addams Family
  2. Jetsons

peace,
Joe

I have my own theories as to what each choice means, but wanted to get some answers first from people and then start a discussion on meanings (very unscientific, of course) but wanted to get answers first.

1. Elvis
  2. Mary Ann
  3. Road Runner
  4. Marlon Brando
  5. Caddyshack

Now we've got Monkeyman crossing the opposing lines set by Rum Demon and myself...now the question is, what does it all mean?

1. Beatles
  2. Mary Ann
  3. Bugs
  4. Brando
  5. Animal House
  6. Addams Family
  7. Jetsons
  1. Beatles
  2. Ginger
  3. Road Runner
  4. Marlon Brando
  5. Animal House
  6. Munsters
  7. Jetsons

What does 'none of the above' mean?

B
  1. Rolling Stones
  2. Jeanie
  3. Velma
  4. John Cusack
  5. National Lampoon's Vacation
  6. Leave It To Beaver
  7. Hong Kong Phooey

[ Edited by: badmojo 2005-08-17 12:41 ]

I would say that Mojo's reply prooves that he is a free-thinking no-conformist.

Okay, to get the discussions rolling, I'm going to give my thoughts on what they mean, but I welcome differences of opinion as I am certainly no Psychologist.

1. This is kind of tough because the Beatles reinvented themselves a couple of times. If you look at early Beatles, you could say that they were rather straight laced and their music was pretty happy sounding, while Elvis was a little cooler and had a bad boy image. Perhaps Beatle fans have more eclectic tastes, while Elvis fans tend to be cooler and more rebelious.

2. Both girls are quite sexy, but Ginger is more glamorous and showy while Mary Ann is more honest and down to earth (just check out the difference in make-up) Ginger is more into image (both her own and her men) while Mary Ann is more real. This would mirror the values of the person that voted for each one (or it could just be the hair colors).

3. Both characters always get the best of their foes, but do so in much dofferent ways. Bugs is boisterous and loud, and uses elaborate schemes, while the Road Runner is quiet and uses simple escapes (usually involving his speed) to best his opponent. RR fans like to take the simple, direct approach to problems, whille BB fans like to make big plans and raise quite a ruckus. Or it could just be you think one is funnier than the other.

4. Both Dean and Brando were considered cool and hansome in their day, but they had vastly different acting styles. Like the difference between BB and RR above, Dean was quite and almost mumbled his lines- he was the strong silent cool. Brando played rough and tough characters and was considered by most to be the better actor (possibly the best of his day if not all time). There was just more substance to Brando's reputation as an actor, while Dean's rep was more from his image (which included the fact that he died so young). I think it could be a reflection of whether you value form over substance.

5. Both comedy classics about immature and fun loving rebels vs. the establishement and polite society. The difference seems to be that the protagonists in Animal House are really losers. They never really accomplish anything except wanton destruction and mischief. The folks in Caddyshack are mostly wealthy and successful anarchists- look at Chevy Chase and Rodney's characters- they're rich. Even the caddy ends up getting a job and a college scholarship. This would infdicate that Animal House fans just want to party and have a good time, while Caddyshack fans want to succeed, and then party and have a good time.

Discuss....

1. Beatles
  2. Both, but Mary Anne's held up better
  3. Bugs
  4. Early Brando
  5. Caddyshack
  6. Addams Family
  7. Flintstones
  1. Beatles
  2. Mary Anne
  3. BB
  4. Brando
  5. Caddyshack (I love this movie)
  6. Munsters
  7. Flintstones

[ Edited by: Slacks Ferret 2005-08-17 14:46 ]

J

On 2005-08-17 12:23, tikifish wrote:
What does 'none of the above' mean?

"None of the above" means you are a reclusive, antisocial serial killer! If you haven't acted on your insatiable urge to maim and kill defenseless creatures and bury them in your sub-basement, you will soon. I advise anyone who answered "none of the above" to call the local authorities, confess to what you've done and give yourself up peacefully when the S.W.A.T. team arrives!

...or it could mean something else... I don't have a clue. :)

M

It was Mia Wallace in Pulp Fiction that said it @;-)

On 2005-08-17 06:15, Urban Tiki wrote:
I remember somebody once said that people could be separated into two groups- those that loved Elvis, and those that loved the Beatles

1. Elvis

2. Ginger

3. Road Runner

4. James Dean

5. Caddyshack

On 2005-08-19 01:58, Mystiki wrote:
It was Mia Wallace in Pulp Fiction that said it @;-)

On 2005-08-17 06:15, Urban Tiki wrote:
I remember somebody once said that people could be separated into two groups- those that loved Elvis, and those that loved the Beatles

1. Elvis

2. Ginger

3. Road Runner

4. James Dean

5. Caddyshack

Thanks, Mystiki, I remember now.

E
  1. Elvis
  2. Ginger
  3. Bugs Bunny
  4. Tie
  5. Animal House
  6. Addams Family
  7. Flintstones

The rationale:

1. Elvis...definitely the King...those blue eyes, the shaking hips, those full lips, the black hair...oh, and the voice. :wink: ::::sigh::: and ::::swoon::::

2. Ginger...as a kid Ginger was more interesting to me because she was a glamourous movie star and not so ordinary. If I were a guy the decision might be based on a different premise and Mary Ann might get the vote, but probably not. Ginger was hot redhead.

3. Bugs ... lots more personality and funny!

4. I just don't care on this one

5. Animal House...i was in college when this movie was released and experienced real life toga parties as a result...nothing can replace those memories! TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!

6. Addams Family...No contest on this one. I love Morticia and Gomez had an offbeat charm to him.

7. Flintstones...watched them endlessly as a kid, but the adult me wants to pick the super cool Jetsons living a mod space age lifestyle. Plus I love Astro.

Pages: 1 19 replies