Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Your Boss.... Idiot? Maniac??? Despot???

Pages: 1 15 replies

Discuss...

I am the Boss! I'm a stay at home mom. Sooo I'd have to say all of the above :wink:

I just watched 4 episodes of The Office. I had a boss that was like that boss. The bosses I have now, are really awesome! I suffered through some psychotic, ego maniacal, incompetent bosses, so I think I've earned the cool bosses!

But I'm officially on maternity leave until January, so for right now, the baby is the boss of me, and he's wearing me down.

H

My boss is tops. He cooks a barbeque lunch every saturday and sunday! (yeh, I gotta work weekends). Days off arent a problem etc.

Like Fearless Leader, Boris & Natasha's boss on the Rocky & Bullwinkle Show.

Past Boss... alcoholic, drug addict, whore monger. That was was only on one trip.

First let me say that I thoughly enjoy partying, but there are limits. My boss and I went to New York on a business trip, got a limo from the airport. This is where he hooked up with some smoke and blow. Proceeded to the hotel where he locked himself in the room thinking the FBI was watching him. The next day found him in the bar before our business meeting. Took care of business (while he was suffering from a "cold" all day) and went to dinner at the Palm. On the way back to the hotel he hits on every streetwalker and proceeds to get his pocket picked of his room key and $500. The next day I try to find him and discover that he has been kicked out of the hotel. Why? Apparently, he decided he needed some company late that night and had a girl delivered. We were staying at a VERY nice hotel in Manhatten and they have a strict policy of no hookers. So I went from a 5 star hotel to 2 stars. After that I disassociated myself from him except when dealing with business (I wasn't going to let him screw that up). On the last day we had the same limo take us to the airport. The man became a vacuum! He had about a gram of blow left, and snorted it all on the way to the airport (I smoked what was left of the weed). It looked like the scene from Fast Times when we stepped out of the limo. In the airport he must have freaked out, because he missed the flight and didn't make it back for 2 days.

The guy later died of a heart attack... at the age of 35.

... boss is a jewish carpenter... 'nuff said...

I soooooo want to go into a tirade about my current boss - but they may be monitoring my TC activity......

I won't chance it at this point!

On 2005-08-18 08:48, alohabros wrote:
... boss is a jewish carpenter... 'nuff said...

My first real job out of college was an advertising assistant at a Jewish Newspaper, and we used to to joke with my boss (who was one of the best bosses ever) That I had a bumper sticker that said..My boss is a Jewish Editor...

har har har. Shiksa humor!

... l'chaim!

Worst boss I ever had called me into her office and sat me down and discussed my latest project. It had gone well, she grudgingly admitted, but if it had not gone smoothily ... well then! And then she proceeded to go into an angry half-hour rant about how things would've been terrible and screwed up and a big mess for the company had the project not gone well.

Real motivator, that gal. An engineer, of course. And oh, true story, her teenage son wound up in a mental hospital. I imagine that when she went over on visiting days he probably scurried to the far side of his cage, hooting with fear.

MT

Think uptight Bobby Trendy. Well, consider him my ex-boss now. We had a "disagreement" last week, and I gave him the one finger salute. Hope I never have to work for another prick like that again.

I had a Boss (Chairman) who was a real arsehole, used to strutt round the office saying things like "are we having fun".
If he ever asked for anything doing that wasn,t actually possible (and he was such an ego maniac that it was quite often) he would threaten to sack you for saying so.
I got so bored of this so that when the threatened sackings came I would just start packing up my desk and start to walk out quickly followed by the directors of the firm begging me to come back.
Knowing they needed me more than I needed them, I would string them along for a bit, and on a couple of occasions they even gave me a pay rise to return.
Actually work was quite a bit of fun

S

Old joke in Athens, Ga. "my boss is a jewish carpenter." "Jesus?""Jesus !?!? hell no.. Nathan Mende."

... once had a boss that discretely put acrylic mirror panels below women's desks - he sometimes spent long periods of time asking these same women lots of useless questions - he wore prescripton glasses that were tinted... the guy also would redirect incentive money - meant for the leading producers of the sales staff - to a false product code, he'd then close out the month and take the money, in cash (sometimes thousands), for himself...

he was fat, bald, and drove a ford taurus... was later sued by various folks for sexual harrassment...

T

My old boss used to tape up pictures outside his office of him and some of his favourite guys at work whooping it up at the cottage. Then he had the balls to say there was no 'boys club' at the agency, and that everone was treated equally...

Pages: 1 15 replies