Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Thoughts on a Tangaroa Baby Bouncer

Pages: 1 0 replies

When the Caffine hits my brain, the wheels begin to spin, and sometimes they carry me away...

When I think of Tangaroa Baby I usually think of:

or

Now I have to think of:

Yes, Tiki-Bot looks like he's quite capeable of bouncing that baby in that picture, and I'm sure Chris is able to do so for hours, but what would a Tangaroa Baby Bouncer look like?

I'd envision a suspended fabric Flower, looking much like in the first of the above pictures, with the seat of the Baby Bouncer below so the baby could just reach the bottom of the flower while reaching up (maybe miniature Tangaroa babys hanging from the edges of the petals as baby toys to grab/pull/slap?), and some hanging greenery & trailing flowers hanging from the straps that hold the baby into the seat (non-toxic fabric-based greenery & flowers, for when the baby chews on them). But a suspended one that hangs from a doorway or a hook mounted in the ceiling? Or one of those laying down vibro-bouncers (set the suspended flower above the baby like a parasol & hang greenery & flowers all around the outer edge & bottom)? Or one of those crank-up baby swings (The suspended Flower would be more difficult: would you want one above the control bar in the top, one big enough to cover the the control bar, a smaller one that allows the control bar to stick out either side, or a flatter one that hangs below the control bar & above the baby)?

Does anyone have a better idea?

I'll try to cobble some images together using GIMP later tonight, but I'm sure there are people here who could do a better job than me in PhotoShop.

Pages: 1 0 replies