Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Crazy AL Tiki#94 TV!!!

Pages: 1 20 replies

CA

what does a trashed boat......

a bamboo bike.....

a chop saw and more bamboo

a hot Island looking co-host... a freak.... and a log....

HAVE TO DO WITH TIKI???????
YES!! That's Right!!
SEE YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD TIKI CARVER ON TV ONCE MORE!
THE KING OF CABLE TIKI????
I carve yet another tiki for those wacky "make over" shows on Cable.
This time it's
"THE TV GUIDE CHANNEL"
the show is 'Ready Set Change'
This show turn's every day folks spaces into TV Sit-Com. sets.
So it's a Crazy AL Tiki#94 for a Gilligan's Island Backyard!!!

Show Air's
Read Set Change: ep.#2 Gilligan's Island Backyard
Monday Aug.29 8:00PM
and
Monday, 9/5 (Labor Day mini-marathon)
6:00pm ep #1
7:00pm ep #2
8:00pm ep #3

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!

WooHooo! Can we have your autograph? :wink: I'll definately have to tune in and check it out. Thanks for the post :)

On 2005-08-18 12:03, crazy al wrote:
a hot Island looking co-host... a freak.... and a log....

HAVE TO DO WITH TIKI???????

How hot is the Island you look like you're from, and how big a freak is she?

Nice log, BTW.

CA

AL0ooooooHA! All.....
I was told that tonight was the night for my guest appearance on the TV Guide's 'Ready Set Change show.
However, a 'Bewitched Make-over" is listed on there program guide and not a 'Giligan's Island Make-over'
(they seem to list Bewitched all week?)

Will I be Bewitched by cable programming again?
Hmmmmmm?...... Will Giligan get his do???
Stay Tuned........ 8:00 PM

[ Edited by: crazy al 2005-08-22 17:04 ]

H
hewey posted on Mon, Aug 22, 2005 5:39 PM

Cool stuff. Nice work.

Nice Wood Al!!

Love you!

CA

well... hexed my self by writing the date down wrong on my calendar... sorry for the mis-info ...... i should read my own post........
on the other hand, we got to see Bewitched with a Tiki Bar!! and everything else scary about Cable TV.....
You may have recognized the 'Tiki Designer Patty' from my 'Dude Room' appearance.
She didn't design the Giligin's Island show, but referred me to the set...

At least I made a half a second clip in the Show Teaser!! so I guest I didn't hit the cutting room floor....

Look for me next Monday... but they do list a description on the nights show on the TV Guide Channel section of the TV Guide web sit........
STAY TIKI!
STAY TUNED......................

[ Edited by: crazy al 2005-08-23 12:17 ]

B

Can't wait!!!

CA

looks like i'm still on for Monday! i just got this from TV Guide "you are next monday baby - i think you;ll like the cut, you get a pretty good chunk of the show, and the tiki looks fantastic on screen."

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2005-09-01 19:42 ]

On 2005-08-23 12:38, Monkeyman wrote:
I am a Dish Network subscriber and do not have the TV Guide Channel.

If someone were to get me a clean copy of the featurette I would be willing to trade something for it.

MM--I just looked at the Dish Network website. You should find the TV Guide Channel on Channel 102. For those who have DirectTV, it's on Channel 224.

R

On 2005-08-23 14:19, Dolphin Tiki wrote:

MM--I just looked at the Dish Network website. You should find the TV Guide Channel on Channel 102. For those who have DirectTV, it's on Channel 224.

Thanks for the info Dolphin Tiki. I have DirecTV and like Monkeyman, I did not think that they had that channel.

CA

this just in from the TV Guide offices

Airdate Schedule (Different if you have DirecTV! See below*):
Monday 8/29 - 8pm/7pm Central and 11pm/10pm Central
Tuesday 8/30 - 12pm/11am Central
Thursday 9/1 - 9pm/8pm and 12am/11pm Central
Saturday 9/3 - 2pm/1pm Central
Sunday 9/4 - 6pm/5pm Central

• If you are a DirecTV subscriber, TV Guide Channel is 224, and Ready, Set,
    Change airs at 8pm Eastern (which is 5pm Pacific / 6pm Central)

Note: Pick up a copy of the August 28th issue of TV Guide Magazine on
newsstands this Thursday, August 25, and check out the black and white ads
promoting the show. And while you're at it, pick up a copy of the August
29th issue of Inside TV Magazine (also available Thurs, Aug 25) and check
out the Ready, Set, Change full page 4-color ad, as well!

Don't forget to check out the billboard on Highland Avenue, just north of
Hollywood Boulevard, August 17 - 31st, or the promos currently running on TV
Guide Channel!

C'Al, Wha's up buddy ??? I just tried to tivo the 5pm show (I have Direct TV) but it doesn't show up in the listings.
Furthermore, I've scrolled the guide down through Sept 10th and there is no listing at all for Ready, Set, Change !! Have they changed the name or channel or something?

C

Same here! I've been trying to program it with my Tivo for over a week. It does not recognize the name or nuttin'! So I'll keep looking for it. It does not seem to be on the Directv programming!

CA

me on know Ti-vo.......
it looks like they run one episode all week, so I'll see if TV Guide can get me an answer be for weeks end.

I see C'Al on my TV!!!

Is it a pre-requisite that you need to be screechy and annoying to get a gig hosting on the TV Guide Channel?

Not Al, the screechy annoying hostess....

yeeekes!

Go Al!

CA

well..... a get an A+ for hyping the show......

you could say that being in and out in the first quarter of the show saves a lot of commercial viewing..... if I new they where going to play the show for the whole week, I would have 'donated' my time to some more of the build out. I had to fly up to SF the next morning for an APE gig and had to miss the rest of the filming any.

Where was the Tiki during the 'Reveal'??? I'm sure I found a place in the Jungle some where.

I'll get some pic up a bit later.

TV Guide gave me this advise for Ti-vo folks
" We called our publicity person about that this evening! Go off of
the airdate schedule that I sent out, and have people TiVo whatever it says
is listed during that time block - i.e. it plays again at 11pm tonight (and
ma, and I think twice tomorrow."

On 2005-08-29 21:17, crazy al wrote:
well..... a get an A+ for hyping the show......

you could say that being in and out in the first quarter of the show saves a lot of commercial viewing..... if I new they where going to play the show for the whole week, I would have 'donated' my time to some more of the build out. I had to fly up to SF the next morning for an APE gig and had to miss the rest of the filming any.

Where was the Tiki during the 'Reveal'??? I'm sure I found a place in the Jungle some where.

Yeah a LOT of commercials, and the hostess was doing her best Eva Longoria look, yuck.

I think the tiki was right near the hot tub, the owners didn't even mention it :( They were too busy ooohing and ahhing over the cheesy vargas girl rip-off beer tap in the 'bar boat'. The owners were a bit lame, IMO. Pearls before swine, says Mr. P. The tiki was great Al, you were definitely the BEST part of the show :) They have no idea how much some of us would give for a tiki like that!

Hey! Is this on a regular cable channel???? I searched for it and couldn't find it! Is it just on Satellite???
SoccerTiki

On 2005-08-30 08:18, SoccerTiki wrote:
Hey! Is this on a regular cable channel???? I searched for it and couldn't find it! Is it just on Satellite???
SoccerTiki

If your local cable company has a website, try looking for channel listings and look for the channel # for the "TV Guide Channel" (sometimes abbreviated TVGC)

Pages: 1 20 replies