Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki Mug Identification Required

Pages: 1 6 replies

KT

This was one of my earlier posts asking about some cheap plastic and Dynasty Tiki mugs before I knew any better. The photos are long gone so I edited them out of this post. Nothing to see anymore, move along!
[ Edited by: Kane Tiki 2005-08-18 16:39 ]

[ Edited by: Kane Tiki 2012-01-25 02:59 ]

[ Edited by: Kane Tiki 2012-01-25 03:01 ]

J

I'd venture to say that the top 2 mugs are either vintage Orchids of Hawaii or knock-offs currently being mass-produced in China...

KT

[ Edited by: Kane Tiki 2012-01-25 03:00 ]

DZ

I've got a bunch of the plastic moai, both in black and in brown. They are all marked "c.1998 T.S.I. INC." The lip on them is quite rough so they don't really make the best drinkware. I found two of them at a thrift store that had small glass bowls that fit in the top for tealights (or very small floating candles). The fit is so perfect that I'm almost certain this is their intended purpose.

The upper two are indeed mass produced (in China, actually). In fact the tiki drink sets that were put out by Schoenfelds a while back featured these mugs.

KT

[ Edited by: Kane Tiki 2012-01-25 03:00 ]

DZ

On 2005-08-18 17:17, Kane Tiki wrote:
thanks very much... AU$55 for a set of four of the ceramic ones is a bit steep considering their origins.

I agree! Why don't you check out the Tiki Farm Mug Sale? With your 15% TikiCentral discount, you can get some real mugs for less than these cheap repros! (See this thread for more info.)

KT

[ Edited by: Kane Tiki 2012-01-25 03:01 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies