Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

new! fused glass collegiate tiki!***(page 3)***

Pages: 1 2 47 replies

J
john posted on Thu, Aug 18, 2005 6:16 PM

hi everyone,
been real busy lately so the new island designs have been kinda slow. here are the newest black and white tiki coasters/tiles(coasters have felt on the bottom-the tiles can be set just like any other tile or for decoration). unlike the other tiki's i create, these are completely flat(no texture) so your cool refreshment sits nice on top. they each measure 4"x4"
hope you enjoy
-john

Creative Glassworks "Island Series"
Fused Glass Tiki Art
http://www.creativeglassworksaz.com
[email protected]

[ Edited by: john 2005-08-18 18:28 ]

[ Edited by: john 2005-09-05 20:01 ]

[ Edited by: john 2005-09-07 21:24 ]

[ Edited by: john 2005-09-26 02:06 ]

[ Edited by: john 2005-10-25 23:33 ]

[ Edited by: john 2005-10-25 23:42 ]

Very cool!

How much would these cost?

Thatzum wicked shit brah!!!

John, those are cool. I really like the black and white graphic look.

Nice & Swanky! The black & white gives it a swinging '60s, Op-Art touch.

B

Beautiful coasters John. I have been wondering where you have been! Missed you and your classy glassy work.

J
john posted on Fri, Aug 19, 2005 11:40 PM

thanks everybody! its been killing me not being able to participate in the "creating tiki" forum

N

these coasters are beautiful, as are the rest of the items that appear on your website.

J
john posted on Sun, Aug 21, 2005 3:08 PM

thanks, i really appreciate the compliments!

H

Awesome coasters! Love the funky style. Maybe some dark green and light green coasters could work?

J
john posted on Wed, Aug 24, 2005 7:43 PM

thanks hewey, jus got the glass today to make the tikis in this scheme

Fused Glass Tiki Art
[email protected]

[ Edited by: john 2005-08-24 19:44 ]

John- I really like those black and white tikis - lots of class there!

J
john posted on Wed, Aug 31, 2005 12:52 PM

thanks sam, that really means a lot!....here are the latest reverse tiki objects. hope you all enjoy!
-john

Fused Glass Tiki Art
[email protected]

[ Edited by: john 2005-08-31 12:53 ]

These green coasters are outstanding! Email shooting your way!

B

Excellent John. Now there is an excuse to tile around a tiki bar. Perfect..

J
john posted on Wed, Aug 31, 2005 8:46 PM

thanks everyone! i really appreciate the compliments. i want to create sets that have other schemes that have the same feel as the black/white and the light/dark greens

H

Wow - the green goes so well with the TC background. Love em John. Whoever suggested that colour scheme must have really good taste :). Nice work dude, looking forward to seeing more

J
john posted on Thu, Sep 1, 2005 1:29 AM

hmmmm...wonder who that could be? :)

A

... cool...

J
john posted on Mon, Sep 5, 2005 8:05 PM

these are the newest custom tikis for an order this week. the top four tikis are for custom tiki night lights. the bottom eight are configured for wall hanging.
-john

H
hewey posted on Tue, Sep 6, 2005 7:01 AM

Awesome. I love the guys with the boards, and i love the guys with the drums and guitar. Very cool.

J
john posted on Wed, Sep 7, 2005 9:29 PM

these fellers are 6x6 wall hangings. the tikis themselves are the same as the new nightlite tikis
hope you enjoy
-john

H
hewey posted on Wed, Sep 7, 2005 9:34 PM

More cool stuff. Nice wall hangings

E

Oh, wow! I think i need a custom tiki pendant from you! I'm envisioning a tiki wahine sitting in flames. Inspired by this:

I want it to be a female tiki with a hula skirt. She should have eyelashes, a big devious grin, a coconut bra, a flower lei on her head, and eyes that are looking to one side. It would probably be too difficult to get her tiny arms to hula dance. Something like this:

You could probably get her to look a lot better than my mockup job too. :) Can it be done?

B

Nice new stuff John. Like the wall hangings. Love your colors.

J
john posted on Sat, Sep 10, 2005 11:21 AM

thanks benz!
yes that can definetly be done exoticat. the only hitch for a necklace is the smaller the piece the less detail that can be captured. but i can do it.
-john

E

Let's make it happen!

J
john posted on Sat, Sep 10, 2005 4:41 PM

SWEET!

H

Thats a cool idea cat. Cant wait to see the pics John

J
john posted on Mon, Sep 12, 2005 6:19 PM

well here it is! its roughly 1x2 inches. took some liberty as far as the flames go (used dichroic glass). getting the detail was a little tricky on a small piece like that but it was real fun to make nonetheless
hope you like!
-john

Fused Glass Tiki Art
[email protected]

[ Edited by: john 2005-09-12 18:24 ]

H
hewey posted on Mon, Sep 12, 2005 7:43 PM

Cool John. Nice quick turn around too.

GREAT work, john - That's going to look fine around Crazy Exoticat's neck!! :wink:

B

Excellent job John, I'm sure Exoticat is going to be very HappyHappyhappy.
Perfect interpretation and super fast turnaround.

J
john posted on Thu, Sep 15, 2005 2:16 PM

thanks guys! the tiki shipped wednesday so hopefully by the end of the week it'll be delivered.
-keeping my fingers crossed-hope she likes it
-john

I only have computer access in Olympia right now and not where I'm moving to yet, but it will be the first NEW tiki to christen Hutikihi II on the Island! I'm in and out right now so hopefully I'll be here the day it arrives. Thanks again, John!

p.s. Sam, I'm only crazy when around you! :wink:

Speaking of tikis and crazy, on Tuesday I drove down I-5 with some of my Tikis in my window forcing people in other cars to look at them:

You should be able to find three tikis in the photo, two out of three have their tongues hanging out. I did have a trucker honk and give me one of those creepy finger waves. I don't know what it meant and don't want to know.

The big one I got at the Swap Meet in Honolulu last December (yes I carried that heavy b**stard all around while we walked the vast expanse of stuff that seemed to go on for miles) and he's perfect for backlighting but hasn't had that experience yet. He will soon. The one by the roll-bar was a thrift store find and the one to the right of that was an old eBay find. I didn't have time to properly pack them so figured why not let people enjoy them, eh?

(This photo was taken on the ferry while out on the water.)

The tiki arrived on Saturday right before we headed out of town and is now at my new place. It's a little piece of art so will go in the Tiki display case instead of tucked in with the jewelry when not in use. Thanks again, John--it's great!

J
john posted on Thu, Sep 22, 2005 4:42 PM

COOL! im so happy you like the tiki!
-john :tiki:

J
john posted on Mon, Sep 26, 2005 2:09 AM

Here is the newest custom order tiki wall hanging. The tiki family at the beach.. It is a wall hanging and measures 10"x5"
-john

H
hewey posted on Mon, Sep 26, 2005 5:54 PM

Nice and cute man. Cool

Wow , that is amazing . These keep getting better and better

J
john posted on Tue, Sep 27, 2005 1:25 AM

thanks everyone!
here is the other custom piece, they wanted a hula tiki with cowboy boots and a photographer tiki. this one also measures 10"x5"
-john

H
hewey posted on Tue, Sep 27, 2005 7:43 AM

It looks cool, but Im interested as to the cowboy boots and the camera...

J
john posted on Tue, Sep 27, 2005 9:07 AM

thanks! as far as the boots and camera, thats what the customer wanted. on a custom order i can pretty much do anything as requested (within reason :wink:)
-john

J
john posted on Tue, Oct 25, 2005 11:38 PM

here is sun devil tiki!, i made him for the asu alumni artwalk. the picture dosent reflect the school colors as well as i would have liked but it definetly has the maroon and gold.

E

John...You've been busy since I last visited this thread! Too funny on the football carrying Tiki and the one in the cowboy boots...

J
john posted on Sat, Nov 26, 2005 10:30 PM

hows your tiki, hope you still like her :) - been real crazy here with the new baby and everything else, there are a few new tikis, jus havent had the time to post them as of late. right now i am halfway through getting my lighting lines up and running. more tikis will come...
talk to everyone real soon
-john

B

Congrats on the new baby, I wondered why you have not posted much recently.

Pages: 1 2 47 replies