Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Enchanted Tiki Night - Yachats Oregon

Pages: 1 3 replies

S

Jauna and I are hosting what we hope to be the first of many "Enchanted Tiki Nights" this Saturday night Aug 20, at The Drift Inn, in beautiful downtown Yachats, on the Oregon Coast from 6-10pm.

We will be taking over one of the most popular restaurant/pubs in the area, and transforming it into a makeshift Tiki lounge for a night of exotic sights, sounds, and flavors. I will be providing the Tikis and decor, as well as DJ'ing classic exotica. We will have two performances by local Hula extraordinaire Shannon Mokuahi Rackowski, and there will be Polynesian dinner specials, pupu platters and of course, a selection of exotic tropical drinks. There is no cover charge. For reservations, call The Drift Inn at 541-547-4477

The plan is to do this monthly, leading up to the Yachats Mushroom Festival in mid October. The festival is an annual fundraising event for the town, and they have exhausted every mushroom related theme they can think of, so this year they asked us if we would help with a Tiki themed event. How could I refuse? We hope to add more entertainment with each event, and possibly be able to take the show on the road so to speak, to other area venues, parties, and gatherings. We like to think of it as a Tiki outreach program that dares to venture into the wilds of the non-Tiki-wilderness. Let's hope the locals are receptive!

Anyone wishing to attend and/or participate in these events, or has bail money if things get out of hand, can feel free to Email me.
Cheers!
Seamus

S

Well, I'm pleased to announce that last nights outing was a smashing success. People really responded to the whole thing. The decor,music,Tikis,MaiTais,PuPu platters, and especially our lovely Hula performer, really transformed the place. The ambience of the room was completely different, and people were really enjoying themselves. I even had a couple of spitting fountains set up. The place was packed, and the wait to get in discouraged more from even trying.
We just might have struck a nerve here folks.

D

Glad to see you guys bringing tiki to the tikiless, Seamus! Teaching the blind to see. Tiki's, Martin Denny & MaiTai's. Teach 'em right man! Teach 'em right!

Seamus, glad to hear that your event went well. The thrill of having something you've spent so much time planning turn out the way you want is hard to beat. I hope to be able to make future events. Ironically, we're thinking about heading to Yachats this weekend. Oh well...

Pages: 1 3 replies