Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Motor City Tiki Art Show and Party 9/3/05

Pages: 1 15 replies

TD

Aloha-

I am pleased to officially announce Jungle Madness-2005 Motor City Tiki Art Show at Chin's in Livonia, MI. This event is going to be much bigger and better than last year's. There will be tents outside featuring giant tikis and classic cars while inside DJ Del Villarreal spins soothing beats as you enjoy a Mai Tai with stunning art surrounding you. Please visit http://www.motorcitytiki.com for more information. Hope to see you all there, it is sure to be a great time and a great opportunity for all us mid-western Tiki folks to get together over a Mai Tai or two or three.

T

Sounds great! I don't have to drive far and wait long for it.

Great job on the website D!!! Looks fantastic...time to get to work on my product now!

Matty

M

well hotdog ! my schedule is clear that night :)

-Z

One of the special events of this weekends Motor City Tiki Art Show at Chins in LIvonia is the tour on Sunday of the original Chin Tiki in Detroit. Closed up for over 30 years it will be open for us on Sunday, Sept. 4 form 1 to 5 pm.
Owner Marvin Chin will be on hand to answer questions, a full tour is available, and we have lots of specials planned!! Maybe even a surprise Surf band to provide background music for your tour!! So everyone should plan on coming out for both days activities. It is going to be amazing, tons of fabulous art, incredible food and drink, super cool tiki people, what more could you ask for!! See http://www.motorcitytiki.com for more info.

T

ONly a few more days left! Too bad I'm going to miss out on the big Chin tiki experience but that sounds like hope to me. If they are giving tours then that means that the inside it ready and that they know that people are interested. THat would be cool if they sold Chin tiki mugs again or maybe they need someone to make them new ones.

Saturday is free, right. And if so, that would make it the best tiki party ever.

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2005-09-08 06:17 ]

T

I'm not going to make it sadly - just got back from Detroit on Sunday and had to pay a 800 dollar car repair bill - so turning back around, driving 4 hours, and spending a couple hundred more dollars on gas and a hotel is just not gonna happen. Just bad timing for me, I guess!

But there's always next year!

Everyone have fun... I'm sad I'll miss the chin Tiki tour.

C
Chub posted on Thu, Sep 1, 2005 9:52 PM

I'll be there both days. I've seen the Detroit Chin Tiki inside and out, but I'm hoping they've cleaned it up a bit more by now. We'll see....

M

Man, what a killer time! Saturday was great and the Chin Tiki tour on Sunday was awesome! Thanks to everyone who made it out and made the event a success. I should have some pics to post up here later today.

Matt

FA

Good to hear that is was a good show! Wanted to come with family but with the gas the way it is (yes I know *itch *itch), just was not feasible to drive 8-9hrs. with many children. Lets hope next year gas is back to a sane level. Look forward to seeing pics.

M

Here's the link to the Shutterfly album:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AZuGzZw5btFEFI

Great pictures Matt! I especially like the one of our new tapa drum lamp. Thanks to all who put this show together. My friends and I had a good time!

Aloha
James

M

Thanks Jim! Glad you are enjoying the lamp!

Matt

Thanks, mattfink. After seeing the pics, I feel like I've been there... Looks like it was a great time.

M

Thanks for sending your artwork Sam!

Matty

Pages: 1 15 replies