Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Another Ebay "What the F&$@?!!?"

Pages: 1 7 replies

J

This really is disgusting and bewildering...Check this out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1725297237

I keep seeing this ad on Ebay - can you believe they didn't sell the first time? - This item is so disturbing on so many different levels...

1. What the hell does this have to do with tiki???(let me add a few more question marks)????????????????????????????????

2. Why the hell would anyone pay $68.00 for damaged, dirty, incomplete, junk??? I mean for one thing, aren't the Power Rangers only like 4 or 5 years old??? It is insane - I just can't grasp what is going on with this person and this item!!!

3. Well, on a positive note at least you get a couple of those super-keen vintage clay marbles and not to mention the fabulous chicken and its nest bowl - what the hell???!!

Thanks for allowing me to vent - this is a disgusting vile misuse of the word tiki!! I can understand, but not approve, of people using the word for selling tropical/hawaiian items but Power Rangers??? Friggin' Power Rangers????

Now I have a new word to exlude when I search under tiki - now to go along with - Barber/Giants/Jimmy Buffett/Reggae/Luau/Hula
we have Power Rangers!!

Ugh!! I need a drink!

Johntiki :drink:

M

You are right, that is the most nasty piece of garbage I have seen on EBAY!

I just want to know - what IS that stuff in the baggies??

D

ooooh..but it's ALL worthwhile, because

"WITH THIS BIDDING A FREE $10 DOLLAR GIFT CERTIFICATE FOR ANY FUTURE ITEM OF OUR AUCTIONS ON EBAY....ALOHA & MAHALO ANTIQUES AND MALL.....NO TIME LIMIT . "

the "koa pineapple" she's selling looks like the stuff you'd get at an ABC store..

ugh.

I think those little round clay things are the marbles the seller has clearly lost......

Trader Woody

TC

"...marbles that the seller has clearly lost."

or scrupples that s/he never had!

S
Swanky posted on Thu, May 2, 2002 9:51 AM

Don't forget "tattoo." For some reason, tiki and tatto go together for a lot of people on Ebay. Or maybe not. These items never seem to go away.

Then there are the many other Ebay searches like:

polynesian -fr - french -stamp

blowfish -crystal

T

What in the hell does this have to do with Tiki????
I'm am so confused by this - I don't know what to say...

Pages: 1 7 replies