Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Fest in Southern California?

Pages: 1 15 replies

I read an ad a few weeks ago about a Tiki Festival in Southern California (I believe it was going on this week). Anybody know the scoop?

Has anyone heard of this new area called
EVENTS
It's on Tiki Central
I guess I should just look around a little.
I heard it could lead to EVENTS that are happening.

Geez, they are new, cut them some slack.

TM

Sorry
Having a little PMS
Pretty Mean Syndrome

Yeah, I was too bleary-eyed to read the list of forums. I was just in Long Beach & will be missing the fest. By the way, does anyone know anything about the Tikis on Pacific Coast Highway... in the Sunset Beach area right down the Road from Long Beach?

On 2005-08-20 13:33, HelloTiki wrote:
Yeah, I was too bleary-eyed to read the list of forums. I was just in Long Beach & will be missing the fest. By the way, does anyone know anything about the Tikis on Pacific Coast Highway... in the Sunset Beach area right down the Road from Long Beach?

Which ones?

Theres a South Seas style restaurant in Sunset Beach on Pacific Coast Highway. (The have a Hawaiian revue). Across the street (beach side) is a water tower that was made into a house. A taco bar on the beach side has 2 nice tikis outside as well.

OK (you have to read this in a little adult trying to act like a baby voice) So it does not sound mean.

OK now, if you go to the starting page (cutesy wutesy)
And you just happen to glance down the page, at the second forum, I think it is called LOCATING TIKI. (Isn't that wonderful)

You might run across the names and places of all kinds of Tiki related places. (goo goo gaa gaa)

Now I know once you get the sleep out of your pwitty little eyes you will have all kinds of reading time, and discover that most questions have been asked and answered in one forum or another here at the old TIKI ranch.

What say we do a little reading research, just to see what we can learn.

Otay panky I go refill my PMS tank again.

Yeah. You're right again. I missed it. (I see you like being right).But your attitude seems a bit serious & egotistical for the so-called "fun" subject of Tikis.

Just what are you sitting on? You may want to have it removed.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2005-09-01 19:42 ]

Hello, HelloTIki for all the typing you have done in this thread, you could have typed in a couple of key words in the search tool (thats why it's there) to avoid taking up unnecessary space (which as much as it isn't practiced, it is discouraged here) on this forum, and you could have avoided any grief or hassles from well respected fellow members. The name of the establishment that your looking for is all over Tiki Central, it's not hard to find.

On 2005-08-21 01:40, HelloTiki wrote:
Theres a South Seas style restaurant in Sunset Beach on Pacific Coast Highway. (The have a Hawaiian revue). Across the street (beach side) is a water tower that was made into a house. A taco bar on the beach side has 2 nice tikis outside as well.

I think the Taco place is called Knolls?

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2005-08-21 14:56 ]

P

The taco place is called "Taco Surf" and it is across the street from Sam's Seafood. I think the tikis on that side of the street are remnants of a tiki place that was once there where taco surf is now. I remember Sven commenting on this once, but I can't remember any details now. There is probably a discussion thread on this in Locating Tiki. Search for posts by BigBroTiki in the Sam's Seafood thread in Locating Tiki. That may help to narrow the search some.

On 2005-08-21 01:40, HelloTiki wrote:

Here's the tiki directly across the street from Sam's Seafood, the restaurant you're referring to.

I think he's yelling, "Everybody mellow out!"

Look for that water tower house on HGTV's "Extreme Homes". It's just amazing what the current owner has done with that house.

Pages: 1 15 replies