Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Vintage Tiki/Polynesian Decorating Idea Gallery - Add Your Pics!

Pages: 1 7 replies

T

Post your vintage tiki-esque decorating pics here! I come across these once in a while in old decorating books and magazines, I will add more as I find them!

B

Those Log slabs made into stepping stones in pic #2 are really nice. I used to make them out of Eucalyptus trees. The Red type we have here in Fla are not great for carving being very hard and easily split. They were perfect for the stepping stones and sould last a long time. Plus thay Look Soooo good.

H

Thats not a toy koala hangin onto that bamboo pole in that 1st pic is it? Its hard to tell, but it looks like one.

I'd say so Hewey, a couple of pages later there's probably a picture of a Panda in a Eucalyptus tree.

I knew I saved these photos for some reason...

Detail

I see the word "Polynesian" but nothing remotely Polynesian in the ad. Is there something in the text that ties it all together? Is that a Mai Tai dispensing GE fridge in the small picture?? Is the oven on that GE stove big enough to spit roast a whole pig???

Um, "Polynesian" because at night, after more than a few mai tais, she strips off that super cool space-age white suit and does the dirty hula with her husband?

maybe?

I'm still enthralled with the idea of not a fern bar, but a whole fern kitchen!

J

Is that carpet in the kitchen?
Sheesh. Looks like algae growing on the floor. Gotta be a bear to clean up. Might protect glassware from breaking, tho.
The ferns and latticework are a nice touch, but I can tell you from experience that plastic plants in the kitchen are nice until the aerosolized bacon grease drifts down on them and mates with dust. My grandmother had a few plants like that in her kitchen and they were eternally fuzzy. Always had a faint smell of hickory to them, too.
Mmmm. Bacon...

Pages: 1 7 replies