Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Locating Large Plant Containers

Pages: 1 4 replies

Does anyone know of any websites or vendors where I can purchase large planting containers that won't break the bank? I'm open to any type of material, fiberglass, cement, clay, wood, etc. Better yet, if you have experience which certain material, pros and cons would be appreciated.

Heck, I'm even open to building my own. Websites with building plans, etc.

I purchased several palms and tropical plants but haven't planned out the landscaping for my "tropical paradise". I'd like to enjoy my new babies and thought that putting them in large containers would serve several purposes:

1. Mobility
  2. Buy me some time until I can properly decide what to do about the patio and backyard.
  3. Enjoy the plants now--sadly sitting under the shade of my lime tree in ugly black plastic nursery pots.

Thank!

B

You could try decorating the black plastic pots with bamboo matting or fencing, anything to hide them and it would not cost much. good luck.

Damn good idea!

They sell pretty big black plastic planting containers at Home Depot. I could just do a little transplanting to give my new babies a little more growing room and tack on the bamboo or matting. Great suggestion.

D

sometimes, the nurseries have recycling bins for plastic planters behind the store. people planting trees often give back the containers. free for the taking!

i've hidden my plain black plastic tub with a hula skirt, cheap and easy!

dogbytes, I'm going to do some dumpster diving! Thanks for the idea.

I've decided to make my own "rolling" plant dollies, looks like they would be fairly easy to make and cheaper than purchasing some prefab ones. (Gawd, I'm cheap!)

I did find some pretty cool "faux" plasic bamboo containers at Lowes, but they were about $25 buck, which isn't tooooo bad, but when you've got more than 1 plant, it can get costly.

Thanks for the input.

Pages: 1 4 replies