Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

ZuluMagoo in SoCal (Aug. 28-29) - Tiki Hunting

Pages: 1 11 replies

I will be in the LA/OC area August 28 (Sun) and 29 (Mon) with some free time and will be exploring Polynesian Pop sites. I will be flying into Orange County Sunday morning and starting my field trip with lunch at the Bahooka at 12:30. After lunch I plan on visiting/exploring several apartment complexes for the rest of the afternoon and early evening. Most of the places I will be visiting are documented in my 'Tiki Tour of Southern California' booklet with possibly a few new additions. Anyone interested in tagging along? I'll put together a few maps of the sites for anyone who shows up. See you there.

What time is your flight? Bahooka is more than 40 miles from the Orange Co. airport, so you need to allow some driving time. Even on a Sunday you can encounter some slow traffic.

Bahooka is in our neighborhood, so it would be very easy for us to meet you there for lunch. I don't think we can commit to the rest of the tiki tour, but you're welcome stop by Camp Krustiki!

I get in around 10:00, but plan on making a stop or 2 in OC on my way up to the Bahooka.

I put together this self guided map to several apartment complexes in the Alhambra/West Covina/Glendora area.

Anyone coming? Anyone? Anyone?

S

Aloha

All I can say is after barely scatching the surface of the booklet in our explorations, I KNOW you're going to have a fantastic trip!

Happy hunting!

And may the Tikis find you!

Aloha Zulumago,

Your tiki exploration seems fascinating.

Will you be capping off your Sunday evening with a MaiTai at Lucky Tiki?

On 2005-08-22 18:47, christiki295 wrote:
Aloha Zulumago,

Your tiki exploration seems fascinating.

Will you be capping off your Sunday evening with a MaiTai at Lucky Tiki?

And well you should!! They're having an art show that night, doncha know?!?
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=15786&forum=4&15

Bump!

The Bahooka is a nice cool dark place to hang out on a steaming hot afternoon....

H

Zulu, what happens on Monday, do you know?

TM

Mmmm...Bahooka....gimme a call when you're on your way, perhaps I can join....562-212-2846

On 2005-08-26 19:52, hiltiki wrote:
Zulu, what happens on Monday, do you know?

I have no set plans for Monday yet. I was thinking maybe more down in the OC area during the morning and hitting D'land and the tiki room monday afternoon/evening?

Bahooka sounds like a great idea for lunch. No hot stove for me on Sunday--see you there!

Pages: 1 11 replies