Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Preston Smith at Purple Orchid Saturday, Sept. 3rd

Pages: 1 7 replies

Preston is a great musician and many of you have been asking when he will perform again. If you've never seen him before, we highly recommend that you check out this show.
Mahalo,
Rebecca and Dave

DZ

Indeed, Preston Smith is one incredible musician! I've seen him at the PO once and literally could not stop watching him - he's an exceptionally talented multi-instrumentalist and puts on one hell of a show!

Damn right I'm gonna be there!

I agree with good doctor, this will be a great show to see, Utopiandreem & i will definitely be there!

TBird.

Krustiki and I are planning on going. We've been fans of Preston Smith for many years, and it will be great to see him in one of our favorite Tiki bars!

K

Bump.
If you haven't, you gotta see Preston. This guy is great.
And I would really like to see my TC Ohana again on Saturday

Double bump. See you there!

DZ

For those of you I haven't spoken to already, if you're planning on going to this show, please drop by the ol' Castaway Lounge for some pre-show cocktails! I'll set out some munchies and fire up the BBQ if'n you want to bring sumthin' for grillin'. I figure 6-ish, hang for a while, then head out to the P.O. 'round 9-ish.

(Dave - be sure to reserve our 'usual' table for us!)

OL

What a great show! Preston Smith has a unique style of blues, jazz, and rock that you won't hear anywhere else. We've been fans for many years, and last night Krustiki dug out a scrapbook of photos, flyers, and articles about Preston from umpteen years ago. It turns out that Rebecca (of Purple Orchid) was also a fan and we were probably at the same events many times.

Doctor Z opened up the Castaway Lounge for the pre-party, and there were some fabulous drinks mixed up by our host as well as Kick-the-reverb. I managed to clear the room a few times with my ukulele playing (Hey, where did everybody go?)

We finally got home around 4:00 a.m. (we took a few wrong turns after dropping off Doctor Z) but we're ready to do it all over again.

Pages: 1 7 replies