Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

dogbytes' Patio

Pages: 1 11 replies

D

Here's a look at the progress of my patio. start with an awesome spitting moai fountain by Seamus. the space is approx 8x16 ~ i can't think of a good name for it yet..

before:

July 19 ~ add some plants (oh and pay electrician to run power to the patio)

wait for plants to fill in and hope slugs don't feast on everything... in 4 short weeks, its a jungle out there! the banana plant shoots out a new leaf every week. the trumpet plant has finished blooming, and is sending out more leaves. the canna is flowering and more shoots are coming up from the base! August 22

can you see the little moai in the pond? isn't it cool?

patio set from the evil Walmart (the fabric matches the sofa set we have in the Rongorongo Room)

my favorite plant is the passionflower. the vine has been growing quickly, and there are many buds ~ the flowers are long lasting (7 days/flower, so far)

summers don't last long here in Seattle, but we're outside daily now, enjoying the sounds of the fountain and the warm sunshine!

H
hewey posted on Mon, Aug 22, 2005 3:41 PM

Cool corner dog'. Nice way to achieve a quick tiki garden, with all those pots. Very cool.

M

Sweeet space!

O

Cool pictures!! That planter to the left of the fountain looks like a giant coconut mug. Just needs some white painted along the top edge. Where did you get it and what is it made of??

The Rongorongo room looks awesome too. Keep up the good work!!

Aloha,
:drink:

D

the giant coconut is from Target.. they were 29 bucks each. they're made of plastic.

woofmutt suggested to paint "Aloha" on it, like a giant Trader Vic's coconut mug!

i brought one to Vancouvor for Tikiwahine ~ she uses hers differently...

[ Edited by: dogbytes 2005-08-22 21:52 ]

N
nuKKe posted on Tue, Aug 23, 2005 2:11 AM

how lovely!

B

Dogbytes, I Love the patio. The hula grass skirt covered plant pot is great too. A Very nice piece of tropical heaven there girl!

T

Thats a nice patio Seamus you got there. It looks smaller than his others and thats a cool feature. With gas prices on the rise, I guess smaller is the way to go :D Nice set up you got there. It all fits good together.

Oh, I like the head that is under water. I am going to have the try that next summer.

Hey Dogbytes!
I love your patio! I wish I could grow such beautiful plants here in the desert, but alas, if the sun doesn't scorch them, then the jackrabbits eat them. My hubbie and I have been talking about doing a neat patio like yours, and seeing yours just inspired us more!
Maybe we'll put up some pictures of our half eaten, burned plant, cactusy-desert tiki patio when and if we decide to conquer all the elements and get it done! Just kidding...
If we can screen it in, and create even half of the beauty and peaceful atmosphere that you've made, we will have created a true oasis!
Enjoy your patio and drink some fruity rum concoction out there for us!
; )
Jennifer

My kingdom for a coconut planter just like yours. That's amazing! Looks great!

Hey! Nice job on the deck! Way to go!!! Now you just need to make a sculpture of TikiWahine with her Coconut hat, to put next to the Moai!

On 2005-08-22 14:23, dogbytes wrote:
the space is approx 8x16 ~ i can't think of a good name for it yet..

I can't find a Hawaiian word for "Bytes," but 'Ilio is Dog, so how about 'Ilio Patio?

Pages: 1 11 replies