Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

tiki5-0's first attempt at palm

Pages: 1 7 replies

T

i finally got around to doing some more carving after a long break. life has been busy, but it felt good getting back into some carving. i have never worked with plam before, but i found it pretty easy to work with and had fun. i got this chunk that is about 16-18 inches high and started to go at it. not sure i'm done with it yet, but here's what i have so far with it.

On 2005-08-23 09:07, tiki5-0 wrote:
tiki5-0's first attempt at palm

Oh Tiki palm. I was gonna say, what the hell were you waiting for. I went to La Mirada High, so I have a right to kid ya 5-0. :)
That is looking great. Congrats for a very nice first Tiki.

M

5.0, Looking good man! Smokes my first attempt by far. Keep going. Don't stop. Post pics.

Mahalo

5-0, great to see you back on the board. I'm sure that will look as killer as the rest of your tikis when finished. Palm is cool... stringy, but nice to carve. Enjoy the carve.

Aaron

B

Missed ya' Tiki5-0. Nice palm tiki. don't stop there. Finish him up and get another log. Chop chop!

T

thanks everyone!! it feels great getting back into it. don't worry Benz, i've got 7 logs from 3-5 feet waiting for me at my friends house, so i will definitely be getting some more done in the next few months.

keep up the good work. and keep em coming.

Looking cool, tiki5-0. A little stain on him would look fine too. I'm anxious to see whats next!

Pages: 1 7 replies