Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Torches Sold At Wal-Mart Recalled

Pages: 1 9 replies

News Flash For Fellow TCers.
Tiki Torches Sold At Wal-Mart Recalled

I recall some smiley faces I've bought there!

Sorry guys,
The link I posted is a month old.
I caught wind of a Tiki torch recall this morning on the news, so it may be another brand/manufacture.They also mentioned some other stores besides Wall Mart. The news is so current, that I can't find anything on the internet yet.

Here's the info... right from the manufacturer...

http://www.lamplightfarms.com/tiki/safety.asp

Wallmart gets a pass on this one - can't blame it on their normal predatory practices of squeezing their manufacturers in China.

So now someone tells me! I wonder if I could get a new deck out of this.

hummmmmmm.....

Manufactured in: China

Cant those damn Chinese make anything right? O ya they have made everything in my office.

FA

Ever wonder how the chinese feel? Do they think, DANG AMERICANS, why they need so much poo? Why do I have to work so hard so they can have all this stuff?

Just a thought. :)

T

I got a couple torches for my birthday with the same top but little different bottom. It is suppose to be a metal top but it feels like plastic coated with textured spary paint. I will just have to keep an eye on them.

On 2005-08-24 21:32, Fez Ape wrote:
Ever wonder how the chinese feel? Do they think, DANG AMERICANS, why they need so much poo? Why do I have to work so hard so they can have all this stuff?

Just a thought. :)

FA - your not far off! I use to work for a plastics manufacturer based here in the US but operations are in the orient (Hong Kong/China). They just shake their heads and make all the stuff but the ones making it are at least getting paid to make it for us crazy Westerners - but not in the best conditions either I might add.

Pages: 1 9 replies